Thread: Coconut Oil and Weight Loss: what you need to know about coconut oil

Experienced Member

Status
    Liked

Coconut Oil and Weight Loss: what you need to know about coconut oil

I would like to say that I have been on Virgin Coconut Oil for the past 2 months (4 tablespoons daily) and feel better than I have in a long time! My energy levels are up and my weight is down. I am never hungry anymore, and have incorporated a daily exercise routine & have lost 20 pounds. Paula (Coconut Diet Forums)

The above quote is quite typical of what we are seeing from those who are switching to Virgin Coconut Oil (VCNO) in place of less healthy oils in their diet. Many people are reporting that consumption of VCNO is bringing about increased energy levels, fewer cravings for carbs and sweets, and a more satisfied feeling of being “full” after meals.

Since beginning to use Tropical Traditions Virgin coconut oil, about 8 months ago, I have: experienced a noticeable increase in my energy, rid myself of cravings for carbs, cleared up my complexion (which has always been a problem) gotten the silkiest, most glorious hair from using it internally AND lost 16 pounds. This oil does all that it promises, and more! Sharon Elaine, author

So how does Virgin Coconut Oil provide these weight loss benefits?
    Coconut Oil and Weight Loss – Facts vs. Fiction: what you need to know about coconut oil and losing weight! | Health Impact News

Banned

Status
    Liked
    Those fuckheads at the laughably titled Center for Science in the Public Interest who railed against coconut oil and similar fats in the 1990's have the blood of millions on their hands.

Coconut oil gets Womanhater's 110% stamp of approval - if you're not consuming it now, you SHOULD be.

MGTOW Skilled

Status
    Liked
    ok.....i'll bite.....i'm always looking at things to further improve my health. Please womanhater.......regale us with your keen medical insight so that we may know the "true, unblemished, unmediated, medical benefits of coconut oil."

Status
    Liked
    I have to agree, even though I avoid alternative deitary medicine approaches generally. Been on it for a while now. Lame endorsement, yes. But it seems to be effective for me at least. YMMV, given I have no idea if this is the placebo effect.

Experienced Member

Status
    Liked
    I have switched over to coconut oil for cooking since last year. Stuff fried with coconut oil tastes better.

Banned

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by womanhater View Post
    Those fuckheads at the laughably titled Center for Science in the Public Interest who railed against coconut oil and similar fats in the 1990's have the blood of millions on their hands.

Coconut oil gets Womanhater's 110% stamp of approval - if you're not consuming it now, you SHOULD be.
    Agreed. My diet is the Paleo Diet and, iirc, Womenhater is a raw foods vegan who understands the importance of getting healthy dietary fats into his diet.

I use coconut milk, water, and oil in a lot of my cooking.

If anyone has ever looked at the official food guidelines, you will see that the staples are foods that need to be processed in order to be eaten.

There's a lot of money to be made by big aggro in that group.... coincidence...? If you think so, I have a bridge in London for sale....

Status
    Liked
    Last time I busted open a coconut, I filled it with ice and Bacardi. That's probably not the way to go about it though.

Banned

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by 0kool View Post
    ok.....i'll bite.....i'm always looking at things to further improve my health. Please womanhater.......regale us with your keen medical insight so that we may know the "true, unblemished, unmediated, medical benefits of coconut oil."
    Coconut oil is damned near magical! Even the fucktards at the American Dietetic Association (who do NOTHING but parrot the bullshit from the USDA and .gov!) are starting to admit that their moronic admonitions about saturated fat were 'in error' rather than begging forgiveness for the drastically shortened lives, hyperobesity, diabetes, and heart attacks they're DIRECTLY fucking responsible for by selling Americans on 'low fat' diets!

Anyway, to get back on point, coconut oil has a TREMENDOUS amount of medium chain fatty acids (higher than any other food to my knowledge) that go straight from the liver into ketone bodies which place the metabolism into direct fat burning mode. Or, in other words, eat more coconut oil and burn more fat!

One of the super awesome fatty acids in coconuts is Lauric acid which is a natural anti-viral and anti-biotic...or, in other words, eat more coconut oil, get sick less.

Coconut water is the EXACT pH of human blood plasma - so much so that you can substitute it for saline solution in an IV...or, in other words, coconut water will rehydrate you better than gatorade.

The phopho-LIPID bylayer is what keeps EVERY cell in your body (excepting red blood cells) alive. In other words, EVERY CELL IN YOUR BODY CRAVES AND NEEDS FATS!!! ESPECIALLY when they divide/reproduce!

The nerves are WRAPPED IN FATS!!!!

Emerging research shows that the more ketone bodies (ie, you burn fats for fuels more than carbs) you have in your body, the less likely you are to have epilepsy and Alzheimers....

It's fucking FANTASTIC for you skin too! Both from eating and from applying topically.

Coconut oil is a food that I absolutely cannot endorse enough. There's a whole LOT more research and information out there on the subject - I'm just too lazy to go article diving right now. Any specific questions and I'll happily answer them.

Status
    Liked
    A lot of this goes back to the crusade against fats in our diet. Stay the fuck away from the man-made franken-fats (trans fat and interesterified fat). Aside from that, it's all about moderation. The diet fads miss the fact that fats, along with proteins, make people feel full and satisfied.

I too bought into the hype that coconut oil is a big baddie. I will have to give this a second look, thanks.