Thread: Going my own way in the Army

Status
    Liked

Going my own way in the Army

Here's a quick update to what's going on in my life:

I recently scored a 299/300 on my most recent PT test. Couldn't knock out that last pushup, damnit! But I did run a 12:51 2 mile, which I'm pretty happy about.

I was promoted to student leadership while I was here at AIT - 5 promotion points!

I'm graduating as distinguished honor grad from AIT - more promotion points!

So far, things have been going really well for me in the Army. My platoon sergeants like me and I've made a lot of friends. I attribute my success to being single and being able to focus on things that are important. A lot of guys here are married, engaged, or have girlfriends back home.

Hope yall are doing well. I'm headed home for two weeks. Need beer.

Status
    Liked
    Good luck.

MGTOW King

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyhammer View Post
    I was promoted to student leadership while I was here at AIT - 5 promotion points!
    Jesus - the army is a role-paying game.

Good luck, though. If ya gotta play the game, you may as well win it.

Banned

Status
    Liked
    Just remember when you get your E-5... it's always better the second time around.

MGTOW King

Status
    Liked
    Ah, my military days (I was also enlisted). Some advice (based on a combination of friends fuck-ups and my own):

1. Do not get married

2. Start saving...now

3. Buy some land. Seriously...with what I spent on car payments while I was in...I could have bought 30+ acres somewhere.

4. Get a beater vehicle and keep it (don't do the car payment thing)

5. When you eventually move out of the barracks...get roommates to maximize your BAH,

6. DO NOT RE-ENLIST

7. If you are going to stay in...go warrant or finish a degree and get a commission.

MGTOW Skilled

Status
    Liked
    Here's a quick update to what's going on in my life:

I recently scored a 299/300 on my most recent PT test. Couldn't knock out that last pushup, damnit! But I did run a 12:51 2 mile, which I'm pretty happy about.

So far, things have been going really well for me in the Army. My platoon sergeants like me and I've made a lot of friends. I attribute my success to being single and being able to focus on things that are important. A lot of guys here are married, engaged, or have girlfriends back home.

Hope yall are doing well. I'm headed home for two weeks. Need beer.
    12:51 for two mile run.....THAT'S FUCKING BOOKING IT!!!!! Congrats on that bro. You should have no problem running away from any worthless CUNTS that might want you or your wallet.

Banned

Status
    Liked
    Congrads, JH! Happy to hear that you're able to focus on what you're doing and that you're doing so well at it! Keep your eye on the prize.

Don't get married, and especially, don't give Power of Attorney to anyone while you're in. You should be able to own your own future, not letting someone steal it from you.

Experienced Member

Status
    Liked
    12:51 ? Is that fast ? I am not a soldier and by no means built like one but I am a runner..and I can do 10 min 2 miles with no problems ..my fastest is 8 minute 2 miles....when I was at my peak.... Obviously I am not carrying a crap ton of load and wearing heavy habiliments...

Anyway, all the best. Stay single, focus on doing what you can, use logic & reason to deal with cunts and you will do fine

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Sin View Post
    12:51 ? Is that fast ? I am not a soldier and by no means built like one but I am a runner..and I can do 10 min 2 miles with no problems
    Hey man...I'm working on it!

Status
    Liked
    Two miles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Sin View Post
    12:51 ? Is that fast ? I am not a soldier and by no means built like one but I am a runner..and I can do 10 min 2 miles with no problems ..my fastest is 8 minute 2 miles....when I was at my peak.... Obviously I am not carrying a crap ton of load and wearing heavy habiliments...

Anyway, all the best. Stay single, focus on doing what you can, use logic & reason to deal with cunts and you will do fine
    Sorry I call bullshit on your two mile run time. The world record two mile run time is 7:58. As found in wikipedia. A 10 minute two mile is fantastic!!!

Enjoy your time in the Army my friend. I still think back on mine as the best time in my life

MGTOW King

Status
    Liked
    Excellent, JH! Stay focused, stay lean, stay single!

Experienced Member

Status
    Liked
    My bad...I mistook the unit...Grrr...

What I meant was 2km....Which would mean...2 mile : 3.8 km

Can the Americans just switch over to the metric ?

That said my fastest 1km run I had ever done was 3 mins flat quickest 5km I ever did was 15 mins flat..Used to run 1500m, 5000m and 10000m in high school and in college before I got bored of the track and switched to marathons....

Anyway..stay fit and stay single...& women can never catch you
    Last edited by Darth Sin; 31-08-13 at 04:55 AM.

MGTOW Skilled

Status
    Liked
    Stay frosty, brother Johnny. Looks like you're building a good career for yourself!

Status
    Liked
    That is one outstanding PT score! And good on you for being honor grad of your AIT - if you don't have it already, you should pick up SPC in no time.

Like the others have said, keep your eyes on the prize and remember why you are there. Doesn't mean don't have fun, but try to keep your head on while you're in it and don't stray from your long-term priorities when making your decisions. This can be very easy to do based on whom you spend your offduty time with while in the service.

Ditto to bubbagump's suggestions, especially w/regards to maximizing on BAH when you can move offbase. Also, just as important is finding roommates that have higher goals, or at least maintain the same standards as you. I made the mistake of not doing that, and while I was collecting some extra money, I gladly would have traded it in to get out of that year leasing contract or just shove that undisciplined shitbag into another housing unit.

That said, you're excelling and look like you have all your ducks in a row. Don't let anything or anyone prevent you from making that a lifestyle!
    Last edited by Senzo; 03-09-13 at 08:34 AM.

MGTOW King

Status
    Liked
    Another thing....go get a vasectomy. Seriously...the vast majority of my friends that re-enlisted did so because they knocked a bitch up and just needed the steady paycheck and health insurance.

.mil peeps....pull and prey is not a viable form of birth control...expecially when it's the only method in use by the couple.

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbagumpshrimp View Post
    Another thing....go get a vasectomy.
    Already got the money saved up...just gotta pick the date.

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbagumpshrimp View Post
    Another thing....go get a vasectomy.
    Already got the money saved up...just gotta pick the date.
    JH, first of all, very impressive run time. If I remember correctly, 13 min for 2 miles (3.22 km, Darth Sin :-) ) gets you max points for the run.

Second, as a fellow military member, myself, Tricare's covering my vasectomy 100%, and I have zero kids. If you haven't consulted your primary care doc, yet, I recommend you ask about it. Might save you a pretty big chunk of change.

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Single4Life View Post
    JH, first of all, very impressive run time. If I remember correctly, 13 min for 2 miles (3.22 km, Darth Sin :-) ) gets you max points for the run.

Second, as a fellow military member, myself, Tricare's covering my vasectomy 100%, and I have zero kids. If you haven't consulted your primary care doc, yet, I recommend you ask about it. Might save you a pretty big chunk of change.
    SON OF A BITCH! Did they change the orders? I know the Army doesnt care but the damn Corp made me wait until I had 2 kids then the youngest had to be 1 years old. This led to my dependapotomus of a wife getting pregnant again. BTW great scores, stay single and enjoy your time in. I love it. I do better than my peers because I dont give a fuck about the wife ROFL.