Thread: A 29 year old laments.

Experienced Member

Status
    Liked

A 29 year old laments.

Are looks over rated? Did I throw away a good man because of his looks?

A female Ireland age 26-29, anonymous writes:

I've never really been in what you would call a proper relationship - i've been on dates but not too much else.

I did however have a wonderful bestfriend several years ago, we were more than mere friends (never FWB) but i fought the progression of any sort of relationship because though he was great - he wasn't my prince. He didn't look as attractive to me as he should have done (feel evil for even saying that). He would have made a fantastic partner, husband, father, lover, protector and friend. He had everything and we clicked, we were always together. But physically i couldn't always picture us together. Ofcourse i'm no meg ryan so i shouldn't be complaining. I just wonder if i basically threw him away because he didn't look perfect, i could have been happy with him.

What is love to you? Are looks really over-rated? I just fear i have too unrealistic an expectation and i am not valuing what is before me.

Are looks over rated? Did I throw away a good man because of his looks? - relationship advice

---------------------------------------------

Ahhh that tasted delicious and she still doesn't know the answer even if is staring her in right the face. She still believes that she is above not so attactive males even though she is nearing 30 and has never had a real relationship. Nope she just has to give the fuglys a chance at winning her over...

Double lulz for the Meg Ryan comment, one of those celebrities that arn't that attractive to men but women delude themselves into thinking that they are as their looks are obtainable, ala renee zellweger.

MGTOW King

Status
    Liked
    She knows the answer. She just wants another female to tell her what she wants to hear. "It's ok...if he didn't meet your requirements (physically)...it wasn't meant to be." Women LOVE to ask someone whether or not they screwed up (when they know that they did), because if the person knows what they're getting at and says "no"...it makes them feel better.

Veteran Member

Status
    Liked
    Is this to be filed under hypergamy or entitlement?

In any case, this one blew her chance.
    Next!

MGTOW King

Status
    Liked
    The amusing thing is that if that guy was dropped on her lap tomorrow and she were given another chance...she'd still do the same thing.

MGTOW King

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Is this to be filed under hypergamy or entitlement?

In any case, this one blew her chance.
    Next!
    I say it's entitlement. She believes she's simply entitled to have a relationship with a physically attractive man.

so.. entitlement ...because 'looks' don't necessarily provide for an uptick in financial or socio-economic status... which is how I, for one, tend to associate with hypergamy.

MGTOW Master

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbagumpshrimp View Post
    The amusing thing is that if that guy was dropped on her lap tomorrow and she were given another chance...she'd still do the same thing.

Nah, I don't think so. It specifically says she's 29 or at least nearing it. That's when the alarm bells start to go off. Women panic and try to jump of the carousel and find a beta provider. She's hit the moment and now she wishes she snatched the beta that was in her hands only a moment ago. Her desires morphed suddenly. If he was there now, she'd take him. Of course they'll likely morph back to the old alpha hunger in four years after the last kid but at the moment she's looking for someone to take care of her. The alpha traits aren't important to her... For the time being.

She knows she ****ed up by letting her pussy do the talking when baby rabies was just around the corner. Now she lost a good bet for providing and supporting her in her barefoot and pregnant years until she cashes out. She wants to be told that she didn't **** up so then she can believe it herself, even if it's true.

MGTOW King

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Nah, I don't think so. It specifically says she's 29 or at least nearing it. That's when the alarm bells start to go off. Women panic and try to jump of the carousel and find a beta provider. She's hit the moment and now she wishes she snatched the beta that was in her hands only a moment ago. Her desires morphed suddenly. If he was there now, she'd take him. Of course they'll likely morph back to the old alpha hunger in four years after the last kid but at the moment she's looking for someone to take care of her. The alpha traits aren't important to her... For the time being.

She knows she ****ed up by letting her pussy do the talking when baby rabies was just around the corner. Now she lost a good bet for providing and supporting her in her barefoot and pregnant years until she cashes out. She wants to be told that she didn't **** up so then she can believe it herself, even if it's true.
    She wants a baby. She doesn't need a guy to stick around to accomplish that. ;) I'm sorry, but women don't change. The same thing that drove her to consider him to be an unfit partner then will crop up. It might take some time, but one day...she'd roll out of bed and say..."you know what...he's ugly."

Status
    Liked
    This man should consider himself extremely lucky. It wouldn't have taken much for her to hang on a little longer to get the marriage & kids, only to divorce him as she goes out to "find herself."

He was spared from a miserable fate.

Veteran Member

Status
    Liked
    I just fear i have too unrealistic an expectation and i am not valuing what is before me.
    You think?

She even admits to not the hottest looking gal (meaning she's butt ugly), yet feels entitled to a man with Brad Pitt looks with a bodybuilder's physique.

I agree with Gromnir. He may be feeling a bit blue at the moment, but in a couple of years he'll look back and be thankful to have dodged a bullet. Especially once she hits 35, pops out a **** trophy or two and gains 100lbs.

Status
    Liked
    apparently gina tingles also erodes mental intelligence. **** tha dumb *****!

Veteran Member

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromnir View Post
    This man should consider himself extremely lucky. It wouldn't have taken much for her to hang on a little longer to get the marriage & kids, only to divorce him as she goes out to "find herself."

He was spared from a miserable fate.

I agree: this guy dodged a bullet. It was a close call.