Thread: Now sgins banning guns alarm gun banners

Status
    Liked

Now signs banning guns alarm gun banners

This is just too ridiculous. State law in Illinois requires schools to post 4 x 6 inch stickers prohibiting guns on school property. School officials are upset and alarmed by these stickers because--they show a black image of a GUN with a red line through it.

School officials are no fans of gun ban signs - Southtown Star

“One of my biggest concerns as a principal is safety and security,” Tinley Park High School Principal Theresa Nolan said. “It is bothersome to have to post a sticker of a gun that says, ‘Hey, folks, leave your guns at home.’ ”

Nolan, and others, take issue with the sticker’s design.

“I would have appreciated something more subtle, yet still recognizable — a logo, perhaps, not a gun,” she said.
    Something more subtle...hmmmm....maybe English? No, it has to be "still recognizable" and this is a public school after all.
    Last edited by Mongoose; 06-02-14 at 08:29 PM. Reason: spellling

MGTOW Master

Status
    Liked
    Libtards, enough said...............

MGTOW Master

Status
    Liked
    Maybe it can be an image of a pop-tart bitten into a rough gun shape, err no, that terrifies the liberals too.

MGTOW Skilled

Status
    Liked
    Yes, it's surprising what won't pass their "Trigger Warnings" ...

Status
    Liked
    By now I've made my views clear on gun issues. You all know I can get carried away so I'll leave my opinion out of this one and explain my understanding of the law here.

Many places post "no gun" signs but there is ZERO legal authority behind the signs. Any private institution or building can ask you to leave for any reason, or no reason but they still have no authority to deny any human being the 2nd amendment right/basic human rights. Even government buildings like schools do not have this right. Malls and stores occasionally post "no gun" signs and this is nothing more than a request on their part or a statement that if they DISCOVER that you carry a piece, they will ask you to leave. These signs to NOT carry the force of law.

That said, Federal buildings which ban handguns on premises DO have the authority to punish any transgression so their signs DO carry the force of law. In addition, we all know government doesn't abide by it's own rules so there is nothing to say that they won't ruin your day or treat you like a criminal if they discover that you do indeed carry.

None of this is legal advice of course, I am just sharing what I have read and what I understand. As far as I am aware, you are in no danger at all, legal or otherwise, carrying within private buildings/institutions which post "no gun" signs. You are in danger of being harassed and mistreated if you are DISCOVERED to be carrying on school grounds but you are NOT in any legal danger. You ARE in danger carrying in federal buildings such as the post office or courthouse.

Stay safe, smart, and read up on your local laws if you choose to carry.

MGTOW Skilled

Status
    Liked
    The issue with a "No Guns Allowed" sign is even simpler - nay, stupider.

Is there anyone here who hasn't heard the old saying, "Locks are for honest people?" Well, "No Guns Allowed" signs are even more-so for honest people. If Dylan Klebold or Adam Lanza wants to come in and shoot up the place, he's not going to be stopped by a frickin' sign. He's going to be emboldened - because if guns are banned inside, he's going to be the only one who's armed.

Something like this might work better, especially if it's the truth:

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by BeijaFlor View Post
    The issue with a "No Guns Allowed" sign is even simpler - nay, stupider.

Is there anyone here who hasn't heard the old saying, "Locks are for honest people?" Well, "No Guns Allowed" signs are even more-so for honest people. If Dylan Klebold or Adam Lanza wants to come in and shoot up the place, he's not going to be stopped by a frickin' sign. He's going to be emboldened - because if guns are banned inside, he's going to be the only one who's armed.

Something like this might work better, especially if it's the truth:

Right.

"Gun free zone" = Free fire zone for criminals.

Ever wonder WHY "going postal" is used as an expression to shoot a place up? Since so many postal employees have done it before BECAUSE when they show up to commit their crime, they know that no one will be armed. This is precisely the REASON schools get shot up like they do. The most recent shooting on a US military base is yet another example. The criminal KNEW that no one would be armed...except for him!

If posting signs worked so well to deter crime, why don't they just post a no murder sign?

Status
    Liked
    Wait until western societies slide further into barbarism. There are places in the third world where the stickers include pictures of machine guns, machetes and hand grenades, with red lines through them of course. Now if we can only get people to check their LAWS rockets at the courtesy desk.

Status
    Liked
    "School Officials" - Are virtually ALL women.

This is what happens when there is no rational thought process - only *emotion*, involved in managing an institution such as a public school..