Thread: Feminism in the Church

Status
    Liked

Feminism in the Church

I've been working on a post detailing the problem from a Biblical standpoint with a specific aspect (and rather dangerous one, too) of the feminized church and came across this.

The Feminist Gospel by Mary Kassian (you can find it in PDF relatively easily if you search, too)

You won't find much theological basis written in this book or a very hard stand against feminism from this author, but you will do hard to find a better comprehensive history of feminism or a description of its tenets and how it's gotten into the church. If you have a good knowledge of the Bible and theological backing, it won't be hard to see how feminism has completely poisoned both society and the church (*). In fact, this book was very eye-opening to me on a number of fronts of really how deep and insidious things have gotten from the very beginning - ultimately feminism and paganism have so much in common that they could be considered the same. I find that as traditions go with respect to anything, that so many are so blind in church authority to what is going on (or encouraging it). So I would recommend it to anyone who really wants to know what feminism is and stands for.

A quick summary: The author through much presented research describes feminism as asserting the woman's right to "Name herself", "Name the world", and "Name God". These come out both in society and the church in numerous ways, most notably the deification of women, the removal of any absolute truth (self-standard setting) in relationship to women, and the hostility of women towards all men and all things perceived to be of men. It's truly a female-supremacist hate movement whose goal is the complete eradication of all "real men".
    Last edited by Ballista_GTOW; 02-21-2012 at 04:07 PM. Reason: I read the book and edited this post to give my review of it.

bob
    Banned

Status
    Liked
    The Church is one of the institutions through which Liberalism/Statism has made its long march.

They gladly provide sanctuary to illegal immigrants, for example.

xtc
    Experienced Member

Status
    Liked
    The sermon at church yesterday was on Hosea 2. If you're not familiar with Hosea, the prophet was told to marry a ***** who then cuckolded him as an illustration of Israel's unfaithfulness to God. It's a pretty powerful image. We're supposed to be appalled at Hosea's wife. Hosea then divorces her and flings his wife out, naked and with nothing, just as Israel would be exiled from their land by the invading Assyrian Empire 30 years after Hosea wrote.

What was interesting is how the preacher struggled to make the text come alive to us. In our culture it's considered acceptable for a woman to ***** around and betray her husband. The notion that after a divorce, the guilty woman should be punished is similarly alien. If it was a modern story Hosea would be kicked out of his house and obliged to pay his wife support for the rest of her life. We're supposed to be sickened by the woman's *****dom, but the preacher told us about an interview with the prostitute behind 'Belle du Jour' in which she had no shame - indeed pride - about what she did. The only negative thing he really settled on saying was that men who go to prostitutes are silly and inadequate.

So in a passage which uses female infidelity as an acted illustration of Israel's idolatry, we ended up ridiculing tricks.

I wonder if I somehow ended up living in an episode of The Twilight Zone.

MGTOW Master

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by xtc View Post
    The sermon at church yesterday was on Hosea 2. If you're not familiar with Hosea, the prophet was told to marry a ***** who then cuckolded him as an illustration of Israel's unfaithfulness to God. It's a pretty powerful image. We're supposed to be appalled at Hosea's wife.
    Well it's pleasing to note there was once a time and a place where a whoring wife was not rewarded by society. Long live ancient Israel. Down with no-fault divorce and endless alimony for the *****s.

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by xtc View Post
    The sermon at church yesterday was on Hosea 2.

What was interesting is how the preacher struggled to make the text come alive to us. In our culture it's considered acceptable for a woman to ***** around and betray her husband. The notion that after a divorce, the guilty woman should be punished is similarly alien.
    I'm surprised the preacher went here at all. One of the things Christian Feminism has done is make preaching text like this unacceptable and if they go there to whitewash it into making Hosea the villain and ultimately God for putting him up to it. Even the feminists have gotten to several of the translations (NIV being most notable) and have purged all female gender-negative terms, and have in other cases removed all gender terms (no Father Son and Holy Spirit anymore in those Bibles). This is one of the signs you are in a feminist church - they will be using NIV or some variation of it.

An example:
    For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God: Lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, and they go a whoring after their gods, and do sacrifice unto their gods, and one call thee, and thou eat of his sacrifice; And thou take of their daughters unto thy sons, and their daughters go a whoring after their gods, and make thy sons go a whoring after their gods. - Exodus 34:14-16 (KJV)
    You won't find it put that way in other places (they use "harlot" and "prostitute"). Really, this is one of many things feminism has done to corrupt the message of Scripture. Something that sends a stark unmistakable message is changed to something to muddy the waters and enables the reader to rationalize the intended message away.

"Present them just enough of the Scripture to give them a taste of it. But not so much that they see what scoundrels we are."
    Really in the end the churches are so much into idolatry (in the case of feminism, woman worship) and being of the world they are too blind to be able to see it or see the importance of it.
    Last edited by Ballista_GTOW; 02-21-2012 at 04:21 PM.

MGTOW King

Status
    Liked
    I remember my pastor announcing a study in Corinthians but sheepishly admitting a different pastor would be handling the verses on Paul's admonition for men to stay single (in context of devoting yourself to ministry). I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He's the "leader" of my church and he fears the women more than God? And it was definitely the women who always bristled.

Status
    Liked
    I think Christianity is purposely being destroyed. I think we're heading towards a Type 1 Civilization (what conspiracy theorists would call the New World Order), and in order to attain that, the 2 most dangerous religions (Christianity and Islam) have to be demolished. Both of those religions have a global theocracy as their end game, therefore, they are direct competition to any other type of global system. Christians have been aggressive over the years with sending missionaries all around the globe to convert as many people as possible. It seems like every Korean and Chinese person I meet in the NYC area are Christians. Islam does the same thing, but just not as aggressive, but that could be mainly due to the level of technology that Muslims had compared to their Christian counterparts. They seem to be "spreading the message" pretty well now in Europe.

I used to think that we were in the Middle East mainly due to oil and Israel, but now I think it really is to destroy Islam by liberalizing the area. Oil and Israel are probably secondary reasons. I think Christians were experimented on by the "elite", mainly due to the elite mostly living in western nations. They've seen what works and what doesn't work, and are working to apply the same tactics to Muslims. Immigration is playing a role as well. Most of the Muslims I know in the NYC area are fairly westernized. If you've ever read The Brothers Karamazov by Doestoyevski, there's a good chapter in there (Grand Inquisitor) which I think explains religion's aims, as well as human nature, pretty well.

Several links on a Type 1 civilization:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale

http://tedfellows.posterous.com/drea...civilization-0

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by hanzblinx View Post
    Well it's pleasing to note there was once a time and a place where a whoring wife was not rewarded by society. Long live ancient Israel. Down with no-fault divorce and endless alimony for the *****s.
    I can't believe how far our society has fallen.

I watched "Crazy, Stupid, Love" yesterday, and it is HORRIBLE. Such a horrible, sad, evil little movie. Made by small minds.

Basically, a wife cheats on her husband. And the husband spends two hours changing because her affair, as he learns, is all his fault. Is his cheating, adulterous wife expected to change? Of course not! He's the one who has to change because "you fight for the one you love." Also, she was bored, which means she was totally right to do whatever the hell she wanted.

When the man who she slept which shows up, he gets punched in the face (and we're supposed to root for this), however, the wife NEVER, EVER gets a slap in the face because, again, IT'S ALL THE MAN'S FAULT!!! If she has an affair, it's her husband's fault for not meeting for emotional needs and the male adulterer's fault for seducing her.

Nothing is ever a female's fault. EVER!!!

bob
    Banned

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by aper View Post
    Islam does the same thing, but just not as aggressive,
    I'm sorry, but to say that Islam is "not as aggressive" is to ignore 1300 years of history.

I would say that conquering as much of the world is possible any time they weren't forcibly stopped is pretty aggressive.

See here: Muslim conquests - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for 1300 years of bloodlust.

See here: Islam: Making a True Difference in the World - One Body at a Time for more recent carnage.

Some may assimilate, true, - but the the true believers are like rabid dogs.

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    I'm sorry, but to say that Islam is "not as aggressive" is to ignore 1300 years of history.

I would say that conquering as much of the world is possible any time they weren't forcibly stopped is pretty aggressive.

See here: Muslim conquests - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for 1300 years of bloodlust.

See here: Islam: Making a True Difference in the World - One Body at a Time for more recent carnage.

Some may assimilate, true, - but the the true believers are like rabid dogs.
    I meant 'aggressively' in terms of past missionary work successes, not aggressively via violence. Maybe I should have said that Christians have spread their message more successfully to all corners of the world. They've ran the better marketing campaign historically.

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Ferrari View Post
    I remember my pastor announcing a study in Corinthians but sheepishly admitting a different pastor would be handling the verses on Paul's admonition for men to stay single (in context of devoting yourself to ministry). I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He's the "leader" of my church and he fears the women more than God? And it was definitely the women who always bristled.
    Indeed. The number one problem of pastors is the fear of men. Paul had something to say about that in fact: "For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ." - Galatians 1:10

It truly amazes me lately the number of topics I come across in the Bible and in study that I know wouldn't be preached by mangina pastors (they usually have to do with feminism) simply because they fear what their hearers will think of them.

(I read the referenced book in the original post and edited that post with my review of the book)