Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Men need to grow up, help solve social problems

Status
    Liked

Men need to grow up, help solve social problems

Posted: Monday, October 11, 2010 2:09 pm | Updated: 5:05 pm, Thu Oct 6, 2011.

By Curtis Powers, curtis.powers@iowastatedaily.com

When I look at the various social problems in America, there seems to be one common link: a lack of good men.
    Men who will take responsibility for their actions and not fear commitment. Men who will get married, raise their children well, work hard at their job and for their community, and be a voice for the poor and oppressed.

Maybe that's a sweeping generalization or an oversimplification of things, but hang with me on this. Let's look at some major issues, for example the financial crisis and abortion. Then let's examine more root-level issues like video games.
    Let's start with the financial crisis. From an article in The Atlantic, it appears **** may have helped start our financial collapse in 2008. Here are some noteworthy lines from the story:

"A senior attorney — a man — at the SEC's Washington headquarters spent up to eight hours a day looking at and downloading ****ography."

"An accountant was blocked more than 16,000 times in a month from visiting websites classified as 'sex' or '****ography.' Yet, he still managed to amass a collection of 'very graphic' material on his hard drive by using Google images."

"The number of cases jumped from two in 2007 to 16 in 2008. The cracks in the financial system emerged in mid-2007 and spread into full-blown panic by the fall of 2008."

That's a pretty alarming report and speaks volumes. After all, what are you doing looking at ****, especially at work? Especially in that quantity. Also, where's the accountability from other people within the agency? It's surprising in this day and age that it would go unnoticed for so long.

How about abortion? Another article on The Catholic Education Resource Center's website, stated, "Nearly 40 percent of post-abortive women in one study reported that partners pressured them into having the abortions."

"Indeed, in her study of the data, Emory University professor Elizabeth Fox-Genovese reports that ‘the most enthusiastic fans of abortion have been men — at least until they have children of their own.'"

It is very sad to hear that some men would force women into having abortions. A woman shouldn't have to face that kind of pressure when dealing with an unplanned pregnancy.

She should be able to count on the unquestioned support of her partner. However, in this day and age, most men don't want to grow up and in this case, take responsibility for helping raise their own children.

This trend is called by some as "emerging adulthood." More accurately for men, it could probably be called the Cartman Syndrome, which can be summarized with the following quote: "I'll do what I want, whatever I want, for as long I want, and never grow up unless I have to."

Therefore, as the City Journal points out, "Single Young Males, or SYMs, by contrast, often seem to hang out in a playground of drinking, hooking up, playing 'Halo 3,' and, in many cases, underachieving. With them, adulthood looks as though it's receding."

This is illustrated most poignantly with video games. Check out this stat from the same article which is appropriately entitled, "Child-Man in the Promised Land."

"Those boys have grown up to become child-man gamers, turning a niche industry into a $12 billion powerhouse. Men between the ages of 18 and 34 are now the biggest gamers; according to Nielsen Media, almost half — 48.2 percent — of American males in that age bracket had used a console during the last quarter of 2006, and did so, on average, two hours and 43 minutes per day. (That's 13 minutes longer than 12 to 17-year-olds, who evidently have more responsibilities than today's twentysomethings.)"

That is simply shocking, appalling even. Expand that out over a week and it's roughly 19 hours. That's a part-time job!
    Women, on the other hand, seem to be doing just the opposite. Right before that line describing young, single men, it states, "But while we grapple with the name, it's time to state what is now obvious to legions of frustrated young women: the limbo doesn't bring out the best in young men."

"With women, you could argue that adulthood is in fact emergent. Single women in their twenties and early thirties are joining an international New Girl Order, hyperachieving in both school and an increasingly female-friendly workplace, while packing leisure hours with shopping, traveling, and dining with friends."

No wonder women make up 60 percent of college graduates today.

Anyway, it's been hard for me to pinpoint an underlying problem. Though like the previous article I wrote about "Amusing ourselves to death," it seems to be more a problem of men loving what will ruin us.

However, there seems to be one thing that can help us — men — think about how we're doing. Ask yourself this question: When I die, what will my obituary say? More importantly, what will your family say about you?
    Will it say, "Here lies [your name]. He wasted his life on sports, movies, video games and ****. He died alone in a nursing home."

Or will it say, "Here lies [your name]. He worked hard at his job, for his community, and stood up for the poor and the oppressed. He leaves behind his wife, lots of children,and lots of grandchildren who dearly loved him and will do things even greater than he."

I hope that one day I will be able to look back upon my life when I am old and know that I have left a legacy for future generations. I hope that you men can, too.
    Ugh, so many blue pills..... so much shaming language.....

It's interesting to note that the author basically states that men are better women. Because of the lack of 'good men', society is crumbling.

He misses the great big elephant in the room; men no longer want to be part of society because society offers him nothing in return! In fact, it just takes and takes and takes in the form of taxes, child support, alimony, dying on a battlefield, etc.

Not only did Feminism 'free' women, it freed men from the burden of 'getting married, raising their children well, working hard at their job and for their community, and to be a voice for the poor and oppressed.'

Why don't women step up to the plate instead.....................? I tell you why, because they don't want that kind of commitment either because it sucks. It's nothing to do with not wanting to grow up and everything to do with figuring out the game is rigged so men no longer wish to play.

We worked out that commitment for a man in the form of marriage and kids is slavery what with 'no fault divorce' and the horrendous misandric family courts!

Thank you Feminism, you freed men and no amount of shaming language will get us to take on that burden again. Society turned it's back on us so we turning our backs on it.

Until society stops denigrating men based solely on the fact that they were born men, we will continue going our own way.....

NOTE: I couldn't find a comments section for the article so I e-mailed the author a link to this thread.
    Last edited by buster2209; 12-22-2011 at 06:02 PM.

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstorm2516 View Post
    "Men,when you die: what will your obiturary say?"

Respawing in 3.. 2.. 1..
    HAHA!

Experienced Member

Status
    Liked
    More accurately for men, it could probably be called the Cartman Syndrome, which can be summarized with the following quote: "I'll do what I want, whatever I want, for as long I want, and never grow up unless I have to."
    Sign me up.

It's better than doing what she wants, whatever she wants, for as long as she wants, or risk losing half your shit because she'll divorce you.

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by downandout View Post
    Sign me up.

It's better than doing what she wants, whatever she wants, for as long as she wants, or risk losing half your shit because she'll divorce you.
    QFTMFT!

Experienced Member

Status
    Liked
    "Here lies Jake. He wasted his life on sports, movies, video games and ****. He died alone in a nursing home."

That sounds ****ing amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or will it say, "Here lies Jake. He worked hard at his job,[underpayed government job or corporate busy work] for his community, and stood up for the poor and the oppressed. He leaves behind his wife,[who outlived me because i worked myself to death] lots of children,[who arnt really mine, wife cuckholded me whist i played provider] and lots of grandchildren who dearly loved him and will do things even greater than he."[nah they only showed up for a slice of the inheritence and will be the same "under achieving" people you describe in the first obituary]

that sounds much better

xtc
    Experienced Member

Status
    Liked
    "He left behind his wife..."
    whose obituary reads:
    "****ed around in college with the sports teams, ran up huge debt studying Women's Studies and Child Development. Found a firm with an 'all women' short list policy to address an imbalance. Did sweet FA. Found you, whom she had ignored in college, just as the last blossom of youth withered and died and suckered you into marriage. Rapidly gained weight eating chocolate cake with her friends. You didn't feel ready for a child right then, she did. Oops. Got pregnant. Nice long maternity leave (how's that 'all women' shortlist working out for you?). Decided she didn't want to work anymore. Student debt still needs to be paid of course. Fulfilling life of daytime TV, complaining, lunching with friends, complaining, reading trashy magazine, complaining, shopping with your money for bullshit she doesn't need, and complaining. Nagged and bullied you to an early grave. This hit her very hard - in fact she was the main victim here (you only died). Collected the pension/life insurance. Showed great fortitude in adversity by supplementing community focused life of complaining and pulp-media consumption with cruises and trips. Having paid little or no taxes and drawn on a lot of government funding for an education which ultimately went nowhere, lived to a ripe old age drawing on a lot of government funding for pensions and medical care."

The sports, video games, and **** don't seem so bad.

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    "Here lies Jake. He wasted his life on sports, movies, video games and ****. He died alone in a nursing home."

That sounds ****ing amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or will it say, "Here lies Jake. He worked hard at his job,[underpayed government job or corporate busy work] for his community, and stood up for the poor and the oppressed. He leaves behind his wife,[who outlived me because i worked myself to death] lots of children,[who arnt really mine, wife cuckholded me whist i played provider] and lots of grandchildren who dearly loved him and will do things even greater than he."[nah they only showed up for a slice of the inheritence and will be the same "under achieving" people you describe in the first obituary]

that sounds much better
    Very true. It sickens me how people will fight over "inheritance". The worst are the in-laws that want a piece. My brother's current wife has told my mother all the things she wants. She's not even blood! I guess it's because her family is broken and poor. My brother made excellent choices on women to knock up and marry.

Experienced Member

Status
    Liked
    Feminists need to grow up and help stop social problems.

Woman up !

Experienced Member

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstorm2516 View Post
    Well if you want to just feel the obsurdity of women logic just talk like a woman for 5 minutes and see if you don't sound like a lazy pyschopath.

Jake, your my new best friend. Since I'm your new and awesome friend, when we hang out I expect you to entertain me and pay for my food.

Xtc you can be the nice guy in my life andill ***** about jake not paying for my dinners.

Buster you can be the invisble guy I never knew but I expect you to rush in and die for me because I'm me. If you don't die for me, you'll be a lonely old man and can't get laid. Bullets improve sexual chances.

Jon, you can be the I. T. Guy who fixs my computer without pay. Ill gossip to jke how you tried to hit on me and how much of a nerd / loser you re.

Go on guy.. try it for 5 minutes and experience insanity for yourselves. Its a big red pill.

I think you and me should start a friendship contract. we'll sign the document with the state, throw a party, and then if either of us wish to break off the friendship we have to give the other have of everything and hire lawyers to negotiate ourselves out of the contract...

Marriage is dumb.

MGTOW Master

Status
    Liked
    Women and manginas need to get the **** off my balls.

Men who will take responsibility for their actions and not fear commitment. Men who will get married, raise their children well, work hard at their job and for their community, and be a voice for the poor and oppressed.
    There's a very good reason to avoid commitment. There is a very real threat of financial ruin. Get married? No, that's just signing your wealth and labour over to a woman and the government. A man cannot be part of a family, you can be removed in an instant. A family is now a woman and her children. Why should I work to support a family that isn't mine?

Work hard? For the benefit of who? I only need to work for myself. It's not my responsibility to support women or their spawn.

It's not my job or responsibility to support women or make their society better. **** off.

MGTOW God

Status
    Liked
    This article sounds eerily familiar, lol. The bon mot:

Anyway, it's been hard for me to pinpoint an underlying problem.
    Well, Mr. Curtis Powers, I'll make it easy for you:

Men do want good jobs. Men do want to raise families. Men do want to be active and positive in supporting their communities.

Fatherhood is ****ed. Family courts are blatantly anti-male. Divorce is rampant. Female hypergamy has liberated men from marriage, whether they wanted it to or not. It's not politically correct to be a man.

We're guilty until proven innocent, we sometimes have to pay child support for children that aren't even ours biologically. Men are forced to take re$pon$ibility when women make bad decisions. It goes on and on...

Asking men to support a society that treats them like dirt is like asking a woman to stay in an abusive relationship.

Though like the previous article I wrote about "Amusing ourselves to death," it seems to be more a problem of men loving what will ruin us.
    Ah yes, ye olde shaming language. What about women loving to spend money rather than save any of it? What about women choosing to initiate the vast majority of divorces? Why doncha write some articles about that you mincing ****ing ****?

Status
    Liked
    Okay, this bit from the article is truly ****ing hilarious

"With women, you could argue that adulthood is in fact emergent. Single women in their twenties and early thirties are joining an international New Girl Order, hyperachieving in both school and an increasingly female-friendly workplace, while packing leisure hours with shopping, traveling, and dining with friends."

So the women aren't stepping up to the plate and standing up for their communities, the poor and the oppressed then ?? No, guess what, instead the women are spending their time, shopping, travelling and dining with their "friends" (aka fellow self indulgent child women narcissists whom they like to compete with and try and upstage) ?? Sounds like these great women are doing an awful lot for their community, the poor and the oppressed, doesn't it Mr. Curtis Powers ?? You ****ing numbskull.

Did you ever consider men might be playing video games because they want to avoid these toxic, spoiled, narcissistic child women who're out shopping and pampering themselves all the time ? Nah, reaching that conclusion would involve too much logic for your mangina infested brain.

MGTOW King

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by fairi5fair View Post
    This article sounds eerily familiar, lol. The bon mot:

Well, Mr. Curtis Powers, I'll make it easy for you:

Men do want good jobs. Men do want to raise families. Men do want to be active and positive in supporting their communities.

Fatherhood is ****ed. Family courts are blatantly anti-male. Divorce is rampant. Female hypergamy has liberated men from marriage, whether they wanted it to or not. It's not politically correct to be a man.

We're guilty until proven innocent, we sometimes have to pay child support for children that aren't even ours biologically. Men are forced to take re$pon$ibility when women make bad decisions. It goes on and on...

Asking men to support a society that treats them like dirt is like asking a woman to stay in an abusive relationship.

Ah yes, ye olde shaming language. What about women loving to spend money rather than save any of it? What about women choosing to initiate the vast majority of divorces? Why doncha write some articles about that you mincing ****ing ****?
    " ... mincing ****ing **** ... "

Fair, you're cracking me up. I'm still giggling ;)

There's one simple rhetorical question I can come up with that would mind-**** this guy.

Carrot or stick? Where are the incentives?

This guy just portrays all young men as being completely retarded. If only it were that simple. Humans are nothing more than highly evolved animals and just like animals, they require incentives and punishment in order to behave well.

Curtis, you need to think harder!

MGTOW King

Status
    Liked
    Sooo, **** is to blame for economic meltdown? My 401k got fist****ed because some Wall St. accountant was wackkin off to ****??!! Well, mr. powers, a lot of them were online shopping, too. By your reasoning, maybe Amazon.com caused the crash. **** off, powers you,you....Fair already called you a mincing ****...can't improve on that.

Experienced Member

Status
    Liked
    so with ****, should we blame other things as well? facebook, blogs, fashion/celeb websites, ym/messenger/etc.? oh wait, that's right, employees don't waste company resources... how enlightening!

in a world where individuality is empowered, you can't expect these people to think about any other than themselves first. that's hypocritical. we've reached a state where 'freedom of choice' is the biggest most powerful driving force in society. you're free to choose to be a man, a woman, a scholar, a carpenter, a jew who believes in islamic-buddhist-mayan ideologies (if there is such a thing). the point is, you are free to believe in anything you want, need, and do. as far as humanity is concerned, we are the luckiest bunch of people ever. we are no longer living in feudal times, where ALL OF US, the peasants, the scholars, warriors & leaders working together as a unit to protect our resources. today we can choose to play that role or not. a small but supreme minority sacrifice everything (at any given time) in order for the rest of us can choose to watch pictures of cats in cute outfits all day (among other things). with all this mumbo jumbo about societal collapse, it doesnt have to take the whole country to pull together to make it work, just a few select minorities are needed. i admit this is oversimplifying, but the principle remains the same.

ironically, feminists are the ones who fought for sexual liberation, part of which includes the right for women to becoming ****ty ****stars. and now they're mad that these women did not CHOOSE their life choices? how dare these ****stars have their own choices!

GAMES.
    and now they blame games. it used to be sex. then alcohol. then drugs. and yes, rock and roll. its like those people who blame infidelity rising because of facebook. it used to be letters. then telephone. then emails. then IMs. who knows, tomorrow it might be 'talking'. its a past time. a hobby. like collecting coins, or painting or fishing. all require substantial amount of time and resources. just because it's a common denominator, doesn't make it actual causality. it's like, 'the rise in home robbery are done by men in black attire, therefore all men who like to wear black must be prone to criminal behaviour.' how is elecronic gaming different from playing chess or reading novels everyday? it stimulates the mind? well woop dee doo, so do games. they stimulate my imagination too.

and ridiculing every past time a man enjoys collectively as a demographic. ergh. look, a typical young modern woman (if you ever met one), given the choice, would like to wear their outfit ONLY once. this is why a woman frequently shops for new clothes every other week. absurd isn't it? seems like a total waste doesn't it, wearing clothes ONLY ONE TIME? but this absurdity is what's fuelling a trillion dollar fashion industry. in Britain alone its 21 billion pounds per annum. so go figure, ****tard. but in all seriousness, i dont judge these women because after all, they are exercising their right to 'choose', to indulge in what they find stimulating. so my question is, why can't we enjoy battlefied 3?

LEAVING A LEGACY.
    guys, to leave a legacy behind, there is only one rule. go big, or go home. by being a responsible person, to his wife, his kids, his community.. who the **** cares outside of probably 2 generations? your kids might remember you, your grandkids might remember you, then what? that's right, your a ****ing speck of dust in the sands of time. fifty years after your death, the stones that mark your grave, will just be another insignificant stone.

its in action that put a name to your legacy. be it heroic, barbaric, compassion whathave you. individuals who make extraordinary acts (either for good or evil) are the ones who leave a truely time-tested legacy. and most of it dont involve being a 'good person', let alone being married.

THE DOUBLE EDGE SWORD OF CHOICE.
    When we are spoilt with choices, there is less incentive for men to conform to the ideas of an archaic past. when men don't perform, society fails. i understand. but the thing is, i dont care. i like my "freedom of choice". i am thankful for my ability to choose. to and i am not giving it up. it comes full circle, doesn't it?

long gone are the days when i have to marry to experience sex. long gone are the days when i have to prove my manliness through various acts of chivalrous duties. today, i can choose a career as a columinst where i ***** about how unmanly, many men have become instead of being manly myself.

here's a funny story, us regular men, you know, THE MAJORITY OF MEN, only need little to get by. surprise! when basic necessities are met, everything else is a bonus. take away his need to marry and his duties as a man, and voila, a man's utopia!
    - i dont have to be forced to do traditional man jobs & duties!
    - i dont have to buy bigger shit i dont need!
    - heck i dont even need a girlfriend for sex!'

any other gestures beyond that is basically a man doing the world a favour.

i like the freedom.
    i like the money.
    i like the sex.
    i like the games.
    i like the friendships & companionship.

basically, i like the fact that i can have all these things with little effort. to be precise, i like the fact that i can get all these things without ever marrying.

'why buy the cow, when I can have the farm..'

sincerely,
    a 25 year old bachelor.

Experienced Member

Status
    Liked
    Religions are funny.

An ordinary religion tells men to crash a plane into a tower full of joos and he will bang 72 hot virgin teenagers in paradise.

A secular religion tells men to be good little slaves for the possibility of an aging 37 year-old grudgingly settling for them.

I think I'll take the more boxcuttery religion.

Just kidding Echelon!
    Last edited by Gordon Freeman; 12-27-2011 at 08:25 PM.

Status
    Liked
    Obviously the author doesn't realize that men are indeed taking care of social problems. Here we have an entire generation of men and boys who don't care to conform to a society that demonizes them! It's that simple!

I must admit there was a time in my life when I wanted to be the great husband and father, I'm one of the very few of a growing number of guys who have seen the truth about women and marriage without falling into the trap. It's been the greatest blessing in my life!

So here I am, a 26 year old bachelor with no debt, no children, and most importantly nobody to constantly nag me! I couldn't be happier! Marriage died when women decided the free ride they got for centuries wasn't good enough for them. Well guess what ladies, you're never getting that free ride back so Woman Up and take it!

I can't began to express how liberating it is not having to raise a family and be the breadwinner for some ungrateful women. Any women that thinks a man should still take care of them is standing in the way of 50 years "women's liberation" from men. So I'll continue to live how I want while my wealth increases and you can continue to ***** because there's no good men left.

There's plenty of good men out there. They're just smart enough to avoid the soulless shell that is modern women!

Status
    Liked
    Sure... I'll help fix things as soon as women do their fair share to fix things as well.

I won't hold my breath.

Status
    Liked
    hyperachieving in both school and an increasingly female-friendly workplace, while packing leisure hours with shopping, traveling, and dining with friends."
    This part made me chuckle out loud. This is right after they bash guys for playing video games. As if shopping & lounging around in cafes is superior to playing games? They're both a leisure activity.

They just sneak in the assumption that the female-preferred form of leisure is the right one.

MGTOW King

Status
    Liked
    How about abortion? Another article on The Catholic Education Resource Center's website, stated, "Nearly 40 percent of post-abortive women in one study reported that partners pressured them into having the abortions."
    …
    It is very sad to hear that some men would force women into having abortions.
    Whoa! Whoa! When did "pressured into" become "forced"?

Oh - hang on. Catholic. Well, that explains everything: abortions make baby Jesus cry, dontcha know. I'll leave these people to the feminists.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast