Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Red Flags from Online Dating Profiles

MGTOW King

Status
    Liked

Red Flags from Online Dating Profiles

As most recently noted in a similar thread I started, I occasionally pass time reading online dating profiles for women.
    Especially for the potential MGTOW lurkers out there, here's another one I just ran across...

Note the red flags... This is an attempt to help you manginas out there understand what women are saying and what they're NOT saying..

(I may add more profiles to this thread from time to time)...

+++++++++++++++++++

Kids: None
    Want Kids? Someday
    Profession: Kindergarten teacher

People close to me would probably say that I am caring, a perfectionist, work very hard at my job, have a few obsessive qualities
    That's 3 red flags right out of the gate.. I mean.. the very first ****ing sentence of her profile description lays it right out there for you.

(nothing crazy, just neat freak, clean hands, etc),
    What this actually means is that yes, it IS to a degree of "crazy".
    If you think her crazy "obsessive qualities" are limited to clean hands and being a general 'neat freak', then you are someone who has never really experienced a self-described "obsessively neat/clean" person.
    It's too deep to get into here...

and am very close to my family
    YOU are not family.
    YOU will NEVER be family.
    Even if you marry her, her blood family will always trump YOUR place in the big picture.

They would also say that I smile a lot, am a dork, and am very affectionate. I have a lot of fun, and I am just goofy (at acceptable times of course).
    This is window-dressing to help smooth over and distract you from your own gut-feeling of "she's an OCD, self-centered, crazy *****" .... Don't be fooled by it.

I am attracted to someone who is confident but still recognizes the importance of making their partner feel like they are special to them
    This is a more subtle way of saying, "I'm attracted to men who pay attention to me, make me feel special, and treat me like a princess."

It is important to me to make the person I am with feel special.
    This is more window dressing to make you forget about what she actually just said in the previous statement.

I find intelligence and determination very sexy.
    Women often use terms like "determination" and "ambition" interchangeably. Ultimately, these are canned terms that subtlely indicate they are attracted to men who are "good at their job and clearly indicate the ability to 'move up' financially within that job."
    ...because the more YOU work, the more YOU get paid, and the more YOU can 'treat her like a princess' and 'make her feel special', by spending YOUR money, and ultimately, so she might have the chance to quit working for a living and be a stay at home wife/mother.

I want a friend who wants to talk about their day,
    More subtle window-dressing to make you think she is an affectionate person who actually gives a flying **** about you and your day.

...someone that finds it nice to include each other in things like dinner plans.
    Womanspeak for, "I like to make the decision(s)."

I want someone who is outgoing, someone who wants to travel with me and be adventurous
    Womanspeak for, "I want you to pay for my vacation."

I also want someone who doesn't mind staying in, cooking, and watching a movie.
    More window-dressing... This is to throw you off the scent.

Notice the trend here.... she sends up a red flag, then she sends up a little smoke screen.. then another red flag, followed by another smoke screen...

I want someone who respects my devotion to my career
    Womanspeak for, "My career will come before you do."

.. as I will respect theirs.
    More bullshit, window dressing.
    EDIT: Well, she will respect your career, so long as you have a good one and the ability to 'move up'...The minute you start to tread water in your career is the same minute she finds you "undetermined" and "unambitious" and "incapable of treating her as the princess she believes herself to be."

Being with a considerate person is vital to me, someone who considers others' feelings in the decisions that they make (not just mine).
    Translated: "I am in control. You need to respect MY feelings and only MY feelings. If MY feelings and yours are the same, then we're good... but if we have different feelings about _______, then you need to recognize up front that my feelings will be the tiebreaker.

EDIT: ..That's what it means, but she is phrasing it in such a way as to distract you. She wants it to sound like she's a caring, affectionate person in general who is truly concerned with everyone's feelings.

I love my Kindergarteners and love to see those "ah ha" moments." I love my dog and all animals.
    More bullshit window-dressing to distract you from the numerous red flags in her profile. In this particular case, "I love my students" and "I love my pets" is to make you think she's a nice person who doesn't care only about herself.

I love margaritas with my girlfriends and wine with anyone (well, not anyone ;)
    Womanspeak for: "I occasionally like to hang out with my girlfriends, get drunk, gossip, and flirt with strange men. If I can get away with it, I will actually consider going home with another man and then later telling you that we were all too drunk and wound up catching a cab back to [friend]'s house to spend the night.
    ..It also translates as, "Even though I'm 30, I haven't yet grown out of the party-stage of my early 20s."

Overall, she is using that as a smokescreen to make you think she simply likes to go out and have fun, and will have no problem when you want to go out with the boys.

I snort and inhale like a chimp when I laugh really hard.
    Window-dressing to make her sound fun and bubbly.

...So does my sister and mom.
    ...re-enforces the whole "I'm a family-oriented person" smokescreen..

I absolutely love the water period-the lake, the ocean, and even the river.
    In other words, "This is where I will be telling you we need to go "travelling"... which you will pay for.

There it is, men.

CAVEAT EMPTOR.
    Last edited by Sam I Am; 09-26-2011 at 09:55 PM.

MGTOW King

Status
    Liked
    Another one...

+++++++++++++++++++

Kids: None
    Want Kids? Not Sure
    Profession: hairstylist

My name is ______, and I am setting up this profile on advice from my girlfriends, never hurts to look
    This is an outright lie, and don't EVER believe it to be true. No sane, attractive, self-assured woman goes online looking for a relationship, unless they are assured of hitting a grand slam... watch what follows in her short description..

I am a very upbeat person, who is looking for the right person,
    Mundane window dressing.

...but only If it's right!
    Translated: The "right person" is a guy who meets very, very specific qualifications that YOU won't find out about until AFTER you have spent several hundred dollars in dates [with no significant "action"], whereupon she decides to quit responding to your calls or emails.

I am a very straight foward and blunt person,
    Freudian speak for: I am a control freak.

I wouldn't say I have a type,
    This is a tricky way of trying to ensure she doesn't scare off a lot of potential suitors.

... but I do know whomever they are, they will be a real Man's man.
    A woman who is looking for a real man doesn't act/talk like this woman.

...Someone who is a hard worker, but still knows how to treat his woman.
    What the **** does being a hard worker have to do with knowing how to treat a woman?

I'm so ****ing glad you asked.
    Really, they are mutually exclusive ideas... but her subconscious is controlling what she types here. This is a clear-cut message to men, "You need to have a good PAYING job that will permit you to treat me the way I am entitled to be treated."

I am a HUGE sports fan! I BLEED ______!!! ____!!
    Smokescreen to make you believe you might have a 'connection'with her.
    It's also a subtle way of giving you a reason to contact her as an opening....

My heart and soul is music. I am a singer, been in a couple of bands
    Just basic fluff to fill out the profile, and if you're not a sports fan (or don't like her team), it gives you something else to open with if you decide to contact her.

She loves music? Yeah.... what ***** does NOT like music?
    She doesn't get specific with her music tastes because, in this particular case, she doesn't want to scare off anybody who doesn't like her particular favorite music.

... but found solo is the way to go.
    This is her subconscious telling clearly telling you that she is self-centered...

______________________-

CAVEAT EMPTOR!

MGTOW King

Status
    Liked
    Here's one more...

Kids: 2, live at home
    Want Kids? No, but it's ok if partner has kids
    Profession: Sales/Marketing (She writes: "I do a lot of travelling with my job. Meeting new people and building relationships is something that is just a part of who I am. I'm very drive, and always ready for a new challenge. I am also extremely hungry for knowledge.")

........Allowing others into my world is a challenge.
    This is a HUGE red flag, believe it or not.
    It means, "I'm a very PRIVATE person. I do not easily [or often] reval anything to anyone who I really am or what I'm doing."
    These are the types of women who WILL cheat on you.

Everything in my life seems to run smoothly for the most part. But now as my kids are getting older and wanting to do their on thing, mom tends to get lonely at times.
    "I've been working and dealing with kids 24-7, but now that they're older, it's been a long time since I've been getting a regular, steady dose of some good dick."

I have a great job, and for that at this time and day I'm thankful. I would say I'm driven, ambitious and a hard worker.
    ..."and I expect YOU to be driven, ambitious, and a hard worker, too.... so I can potentially quit my job and devote all my drive, ambition, and hard working-attitude towards make OUR home a true castle... Naturally, you will pay for everything, but my ambition, drive and hard work makes me an excellent manager of money, I might add."

I do alot of volunteer work and spend alot of my free time trying to make a positive impact in someone life, someone that would never get that at home..
    Translated: "I actually have poor people skills and no real friends. In an attempt to make me feel better about myself, I do volunteer work so I don't wind up at home alone at night with just my thoughts and a gallon of haagen daas. And I'm revealing all of this to YOU [the reader] so that you will see how I'm a nice, caring, considerate, and affectionate woman."

I also enjoy the water, and love did I say love the beach!
    There is hardly a solitary woman with an online dating profile who does not mention their love of the beach and "all things water."
    This is a sure signal that when you hook up with this woman for a relationship, you will be paying for beach vacations...
    ...aaaaaaand....[con't]

I like to travel and experience new things.
    ...this means beach vacations to the virgin islands, the caribbean, pacific islands, hawaii, et al.

I have never been out of the country, but it's for sure on my bucket list.
    This is the subconscious mind telling YOU that she wants to go to places like St Croix, Turks & Caicos, Aruba, St Maarten, etc.

I would love to spend a few weeks away, with nothing to do but travel.
    Have passport and travel bug, will travel.
    Be prepared to spend money on travelling, men. This is #1 on her hit parade.
    ... to see the world on YOUR dime and time.

I havent been serious about dating and honestly wasn't ready nor did I have the time to give 100% of me, so only being fair to myself and my kids I've waited. I'm not a bar girl, going out with the girls happens, but not often.
    Because in my 20s, I had time for two things: parenting and partying.
    ..and now that the kids are kinda 'on their own' [yet still at the house], now I have time to "get serious" about a relationship.

I am ready to fall in love and share our lives
    Very subtle... share OUR lives.
    Read: My kids will always come before you.

... with someone who is sincere, warm, understanding, honest, someone that is willing to put the effort forth in getting to know me, a man that does what he says.....one who doesn't spend our first date pretending to be someone else, I'm real, therefore I want the person I'm choosing to spend my time with to be real....
    This all sounds pretty good, eh?
    ...Smokescreen to distract you from the red flags previously mentioned... especially all the travelling...
    By the way, the kids will be going with the two of you on vacation.

...and a man who enjoys being around children.
    See this?
    So, first, she implies that she's relatively 'free' of the kids and is finally in a position to get serious about dating. But here, the truth finally comes out... The kids are around a LOT more than she lets on..
    And once again, subconsciously, she's telling you that her kids will always come before you do.

Oh almost forgot.... and Drug , (... (message truncated)
    Well, this shows she's a ****ing moron because she didn't even realize that her profile was automatically truncated and she didn't even bother to go back to read what she put in there.

CAVEAT EMPTOR

MGTOW King

Status
    Liked
    Doing this, guys, will make you really lean towards AWALT attitudes.
    Maybe it's just true to say that it seems women who set up online dating profiles are AWALT.

Kids: 2, they live at home
    Want Kids? SOMEDAY
    Profession: Surgical nurse (she states her income as $25,000 - $35,000)

I'm 22 years old and I'm ready to find Mr. Right. NOT Mr. Right NOW! I'm passionate about being a mother
    Again, kids come first.
    You come second...
    Actually, you probably come third... behind her and her kids.

[qutoe]... and I couldn't imagine working anywhere other than the medical field. I love being a scrub nurse.[/quote]

Mindless drivel.

I work a lot to give myself and my own all the sweet things we desire.
    Read: "I like NICE things. Nice things that are EXPENSIVE. I only go first-class. This is to what I and my kids have become accustomed. If you want to be MR RIGHT and spend time with me, then you will have to provide the same standard of living to which I and my kids have become accustomed. Otherwise, I won't have the spare time to spend with you. Why? Because I will be working so hard in a career that I so love in order to make the money necessary to accomplish the same goal."

..so here's how the pecking order stands at this point.
    1. woman
    2. kids
    3. woman's career
    4. * (<---- that's you)

I hope to meet a man that also values family and his career.
    ..subconsciously reconfirming what I just spelled out immediately above. You have to have the career (read: MONEY) to afford her.

I'm very affectionate. I like to be close. I'm just a down to Earth, small town, typical girl waiting for someone else to see more.
    Smokescreen to distract you from the red flags and make her sound like a lovely, cute, affectionate, and considerable woman.

...who has never been married
    ...who got pregnant TWICE before marriage
    ...probably by two different men, although she will SWEAR TO GOD that it was by the same man... and you'll never really know the truth anyway.

...this is a 22 yr old kid who likes to **** and is looking for an older man to spend his money on her.

If you fit that description, she's likely to be the perfect pump & dump.
    The key to not getting bitten by her is to PRETEND you have all this money to spend on her.... but, all you guys out there reading this probably already know that part of the game...

CAVEAT EMPTOR

MGTOW Master

Status
    Liked
    Why wouldn't a pool of female dating ads represent women in society in general ? Do you think some women are above posting online profiles to hook a bigger fish they can get at the local pond ?
    Give it some more time and some more experience and AWALT will be your mantra.

MGTOW Skilled

Status
    Liked
    Forget all the self description text.
    Forget even the usual suspects: divorcees, single mothers, career spinsters, party gals etc.

The following is the most clear-cut, unambiguous red flag ever. Many may miss it, because it is quite subtle.
    (Based on match dot com's template)

Has kids: No
    Wants kids: Yes

Nothing screams "I'm desperate, my bio clock's ticking away and I'm a sperm bandit!" louder than this.
    Be very, very careful if you want to contact such women.

xtc
    Experienced Member

Status
    Liked
    The biggest red flag is that they have an online profile.

MGTOW God

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by xtc View Post
    The biggest red flag is that they have an online profile.
    Sorry to disagree with you brother, but the biggest red flag is that they're women.

MGTOW King

Status
    Liked
    Women simply having an online dating profile is only a red flag for men who are definitiely looking to kick-start a relationship.

There are 3 reasons an attractive woman puts up an online dating profile (in no particular order):
    1. They are looking to improve their financial status and/or have a baby
    2. They are looking for nothing more than a quick pump & dump
    3. They suffer from extreme low self-esteem and it gives them an ego boost to get lots of emails and winks.... added ego boost for ignoring or outright shooting down men who contact them.

Unattractive women put up online dating profiles ... well... for actually the same reasons listed above.

Experienced Member

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
    3. They suffer from extreme low self-esteem and it gives them an ego boost to get lots of emails and winks.... added ego boost for ignoring or outright shooting down men who contact them.
    I'm guessing this^ is the most common reason.

MGTOW Master

Status
    Liked
    There's a legion of pussy addicts and manginas out there handing out free validation for ****s. Imagine putting an ad and getting hundred of messages inflating your ego, all because you copypasted someone's mindfarts and made it into a profile.
    Homework : make up a female dating profile and get the barf bag handy. This is the reason for women's behavior, cause and effect, offer and demand, empowered women bred manginas, the strong silent type was outbred, the manginas left relinquished more power to women, etc etc until women start demanding again balls and grit and manginas start turning the tide around and growing a spine again because that's what's in to get laid. Players adapting to the market conditions.

MGTOW God

Status
    Liked
    Homework : make up a female dating profile and get the barf bag handy.
    Oh shit, that's a good idea...

MGTOW King

Status
    Liked
    This one made me laugh...
    Chick is relatively attractive...

Oh.. while I think about it --
    Any woman with only ONE picture in an online dating profile is most likely a fake profile (or an ego-booster profile).

Kids: Yes, they live away from home
    Want Kids? No, but it's OK if partner has kids

Funny, sexy and well- educated woman with no baggage ISO that tall, dark and handsome gent who can do it all.

My man will open all the doors and pull all the chairs and treat me like a princess.

Do I need to say more?
    No, dear. You really don't have to say anything more at all.

I just don't know why this one made me laugh..

MGTOW Master

Status
    Liked
    Sorry but sexy ends at 29 and sleazy takes on from there.

Status
    Liked
    I have to say I find reading dating profiles is a really good way of unmasking women. 90 percent plus of profiles just give a list of demands without mentioning anything offered in return. The shallowness of their dating criteria - very many won't date guys below 6 feet for example, even if they're only 5 feet or less themselves - is also extremely revealing.

What reading these dating sites reveals to me is that most women are narcissistic and evil to their very core.

MGTOW King

Status
    Liked
    Hamish -- I agree.
    Reading online profiles is, for me, like taking a red pill... it's not the same as one of Lahey's regular daily red pills...
    But I guess I think of it as, you come here for a red pill, then maybe you're having a little bit of brain overload from the red pills and maybe you start to tell yourself that it just can't possibly be that bad out there...

...and then you go read some online dating profiles, only to realize, why yes... it really is that bad out there.

I find it entertaining.. I find it to be a reality check.. I find it downright laughable to see straight through all these profiles.
    Before I found MGTOW, I played around with online dating for a month (truly at the constant bickering of a friend of mine to do it because he was scoring tail left and right through the process).. and I can't believe how stupid I was.. how naive I was..

You plug in the stuff you're looking for and you get, say, 100 hits... then of those 100, maybe 15 to 20 are attractive enough to spark your interest... And every woman in that 'final' list is identical in what they say in their profile... It's weird.
    Then you take off some of the filters and read more profiles, only to discover that even the *****es outside of what you're looking for are saying the exact same shit.

One thing you can take to the bank, though ---> ALL women who do online dating are AWALT.

MGTOW God

Status
    Liked
    Biggest red flag? She's online trying to find her "prince".

It means she has burned all the local bridges. Even the thugs and manginas, from her own town, want nothing to do with her.

**** that. If she can't get laid in any bar, her standards are not realistic, she's pathetic or a land whale.

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
    Hamish -- I agree.
    Reading online profiles is, for me, like taking a red pill... it's not the same as one of Lahey's regular daily red pills...
    But I guess I think of it as, you come here for a red pill, then maybe you're having a little bit of brain overload from the red pills and maybe you start to tell yourself that it just can't possibly be that bad out there...

...and then you go read some online dating profiles, only to realize, why yes... it really is that bad out there.

I find it entertaining.. I find it to be a reality check.. I find it downright laughable to see straight through all these profiles.
    Before I found MGTOW, I played around with online dating for a month (truly at the constant bickering of a friend of mine to do it because he was scoring tail left and right through the process).. and I can't believe how stupid I was.. how naive I was..

You plug in the stuff you're looking for and you get, say, 100 hits... then of those 100, maybe 15 to 20 are attractive enough to spark your interest... And every woman in that 'final' list is identical in what they say in their profile... It's weird.
    Then you take off some of the filters and read more profiles, only to discover that even the *****es outside of what you're looking for are saying the exact same shit.

One thing you can take to the bank, though ---> ALL women who do online dating are AWALT.

You know in some ways I feel bad about saying things like "most women are evil to their core". I should clarify that by saying I'm talking about most young, Western, spoilt entitled women. I'll admit to being a NAWALT, as I think it would be plain insane to compare somebody like Mother Theresa with the stereotypical modern Western entitled princess. I mean come on, we are men, we're supposed to be the logical gender, it would be plain insane to compare Mother Theresa or indeed many old time women, or perhaps maybe even many women to this day in developing countries, to the current generation of entitled princesses that predominate the younger generations of women in Western countries. And by "evil", I don't mean women are all that likely to end up as killers etc., just that they behave in an extremely spoilt, greedy, and narcissistic way - to me, having been raised Christian, that's a powerful form of evil in itself.

But here's the startling irony of the young women in Western countries. Feminism was supposed to empower them and liberate them. Logically part of that empowerment should surely be liberating them from the stereotypical James Bond type chauvinistic alpha male. But when women are going for a mate, they now probably far more so than in previous generations (when women dating marrying the boy next door/Joe Average was probably the most typical relationship/marriage) explicitly make clear that their preference for a mate is overwhelmingly the chauvinistic type of alpha male who nowadays gets characterised as a "dinosaur".

And worse, these "empowered"/entitled/spoilt women explicitly make clear their absolute contempt and revulsion for the supposedly more enlightened and modern "new man" types when it comes to choosing a mate! Nope, they make it abundantly clear they want the "dinosaur" guy to give her a good seeing to, and of course to earn lots of money to pay for her shit.

So is feminism not about liberation then, just about women asserting that only the "dinosaur" alpha male will suffice for women ?! The whole feminism thing is crazily illogical

Experienced Member

Status
    Liked
    Hamish, even Mother Teresa wasn't all she was cracked up to be. She funneled money donated for her clinic in India to Catholic coffers even as cancer and AIDS patients in her clinic received only aspirin—if even that—to combat extreme pain, all the while telling them (example), "That pain is Jesus kissing you." Suffering is redemptive, don't you know. But she would fly first-class to the US to receive medical care herself.

Check out Christopher Hitchens's writings on her, especially his book The Missionary Position.

So, yes: AWALT.

Experienced Member

Status
    Liked
    WTF is an MGTOW even doing on a dating site? The biggest and deal breaking red flag is simply, "I am a woman". The rest of it is irrelevant, that one sentence is all you need to see. Close the page and move right along, nothing to see here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast