Thread: Burn Notice: On Bended Knee

Status
    Liked

Burn Notice: On Bended Knee

I'm starting to notice the interaction between men and women from different perspectives and angles since I've found these forums and other online MRA sites.

I'm a fan of Bruce Campbell's work. I find it fun and entertaining. Which is why I started watching the show Burn Notice. And last nights episode had a particularly funny scene:

Mike (the protagonist) must go on a trip with his long time girlfriend, Fiona, on a mission for the CIA. They must pose as a married couple as they are undercover. The CIA gives Mike a wedding ring for Fiona to help complete the charade. It is a huge rock. Mike begins to hand the rings to Fi but she doesn't take them. Instead she asks him whether or not he is going to get on bended knee. Without saying a word, Mike takes her left hand by the wrist, turns her hand over, dumps the rings in her palm, smiles and walks off.

I enjoyed that one.

I'm also noticing other things that I wouldn't have last year. Fi complains about this all expense paid trip of adventure because Mike doesn't spend enough time with her. Two inch tall stacks of $100 bills changes her mind. I guess a new dress is equivalent to time with her man.

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Locutus of Borg View Post
    I'm starting to notice the interaction between men and women from different perspectives and angles since I've found these forums and other online MRA sites.

I'm a fan of Bruce Campbell's work. I find it fun and entertaining. Which is why I started watching the show Burn Notice. And last nights episode had a particularly funny scene:

Mike (the protagonist) must go on a trip with his long time girlfriend, Fiona, on a mission for the CIA. They must pose as a married couple as they are undercover. The CIA gives Mike a wedding ring for Fiona to help complete the charade. It is a huge rock. Mike begins to hand the rings to Fi but she doesn't take them. Instead she asks him whether or not he is going to get on bended knee. Without saying a word, Mike takes her left hand by the wrist, turns her hand over, dumps the rings in her palm, smiles and walks off.

I enjoyed that one.

I'm also noticing other things that I wouldn't have last year. Fi complains about this all expense paid trip of adventure because Mike doesn't spend enough time with her. Two inch tall stacks of $100 bills changes her mind. I guess a new dress is equivalent to time with her man.

I missed last nights episode. I will have to watch it online and see what you are talking about.

Experienced Member

Status
    Liked
    Yeah, but notice that her idea of time with him ended up being the shoot-out.

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstorm2516 View Post
    The idea of a man getting on his knee is interesting. Normally women came and bowed to their men out of respect.

Now its the man bowing down to the woman as if he is offering his servitude to her (slave).

Either way, this world and its customs are jacked up. The difference between a mangina and a MGTOW is the simple process of questioning your reality rather than going with the status quo.
    Not so much custom as it is supply and demand. It has only been in prosperous modern times that the male/female ratio has been close enough for her to be choosy about her mate. Combine that with all the men fighting each other over the few remaining traditional, childless, and attractive females and you best be ready to jump through flaming hoops like a circus poodle to "win" her over or another mangina in the queue line will take your place.