Thread: Some thoughts on women as consumer whores

MGTOW King

Status
    Liked

Some thoughts on women as consumer whores

Apparently this video went viral about a year ago and lots of people were talking about it. This girl is talented and wanted to show off the range of her voice. So out of every song in the world she could've chosen to sing variations of, she chose.....

.....A fucking commercial jingle?

Not to get all Bill Hicks here, but I think advertising is some of the lowest form of entertainment EVER. A commercial break for me means time to take a piss or get some food. In fact, I've made it my goal over the past few years to cut all advertisements out of my life because not only are they annoying dreck, they actually do the opposite for me and prevent me from buying their products (I prefer to purchase items based on word of mouth, or for essentials like food and clothes, whatever's on sale).

But women seem to be hypnotized by commercials. When I'm watching TV with my sister I'll notice she'll be talking her head off or texting on her phone while a show is on, but as soon as the commercial break begins she demands silence. She shows no emotion during the actual TV show, but her face lights up and she sings along to jingles, or cracks up laughing like a commercial for Skittles is the funniest thing the world has ever invented. I really do believe this shit is hypnosis for women - After all, women spend 70-80% of the money in this country. It also proves that men's and women's brains function so much differently than one another. I've never heard a guy talk about commercials before in casual conversation, but with women they come up frequently.

So going back to the video - A guy would maybe choose a REAL song to sing variations of, maybe something that's difficult to sing like Michael Jackson or Queen. But she chose a jingle that's short and dumb and easy to sing and remember. I'm sort of wondering if this was a viral marketing campaign created by Stanley Steemer to sell Stanley Steemer things, but I don't think there's any proof of it being anything more than a bored girl singing in her bedroom. And this is why women will never rise above being anything but pawns of the Matrix.

Banned

Status
    Liked
    That irritated me. I only made it 35 seconds. This is off-topic, but what the fuck is up with chicks today and the whole "50's chic" look? From a feminist standpoint, what are they trying to imply with that? Irony? I thought the 50's were supposed to be a decade of oppression for western women. That would be like me donning Auschwitz attire and tattooing a number on the inside of my arm because I'm a gypsy.

Status
    Liked
    28 sec... and .. It irritated me aswell... but it truly does show her as "consumerist"

Maybe Eye Bleach warning?

MGTOW King

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by hotloader View Post
    That irritated me. I only made it 35 seconds. This is off-topic, but what the fuck is up with chicks today and the whole "50's chic" look? From a feminist standpoint, what are they trying to imply with that? Irony? I thought the 50's were supposed to be a decade of oppression for western women. That would be like me donning Auschwitz attire and tattooing a number on the inside of my arm because I'm a gypsy.
    I see this all the time with chicks who are into burlesque or tattoo culture (Many times feminists). I think part of it is, at least on the outside, they're trying to juxtapose style ("Look at me, I'm a college-educated woman with tattoos but I dress like it's the 50's! I'm so DIFFERENT!"). Part of it could also be kitsch. But honestly I do wonder if these women want to go back in time to the 50's and be housewives. After all, it'd be a lot easier than studying for exams or having any real responsibility.

There was some TV show I watched recently where this young woman and her husband bought a house and put in appliances, furniture, decorations, etc. that were all from the 50's. And then their clothes were either vintage or custom-tailored so they could dress like they were from the 50's 24/7. This was mostly the woman's idea, so my assumption is that, looking through the hive mind, most women would want to go back to "simpler times".

Banned

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by ng85 View Post
    I see this all the time with chicks who are into burlesque or tattoo culture (Many times feminists). I think part of it is, at least on the outside, they're trying to juxtapose style ("Look at me, I'm a college-educated woman with tattoos but I dress like it's the 50's! I'm so DIFFERENT!").
    One of the things that I hate the most about feminists is their victim mentality, when in reality every last feminist in the western world belongs to the most privileged and coddled human demographic ever to walk on planet earth.

Banned

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryptonite View Post

Maybe Eye Bleach warning?
    Nah. She's marginally attractive. I'll give her that. I'd imagine she's a nightmare from hell to be around though.

Status
    Liked
    RE:'50's Chic - I think that on some level, they *know* they had it better then, when men were willing slaves and wymin were lazy housewives.

Sorry Honey, Cold war, Korea, hard work providing for parasites - it was Hell for men. We ain't going back.

MGTOW King

Status
    Liked
    Nah. She's marginally attractive. I'll give her that. I'd imagine she's a nightmare from hell to be around though.
    Here's her "Thank you" video for all the views on the one in the OP. She just gives off the vibe of "crazy theater chick" that I used to see all the time in college. The entire time it just seems like she's "acting", and I guarantee when she's not cheery and "acting" she's a fucking psychological mess, as most drama students are.

Status
    Liked
    IMO, it goes back to the Female sense of continually changing identity.

Us men take it for granted that other beings we encounter have linear thought processes.Tis not the case as far as I've observed with women.When a man watches a movie, for example, he judges the merits of a current scene based on the linear events of the previous ones he's seen. A woman , by comparison, identifies emotionally with the scenes she sees on the spot, with no past context association.

That's why a commercial has to be WELL written for a man to like it, while a female just has to like how it looks in the moment.Biology predispossed the feminine gender with nest building traits modern corporations find quite convenient.

Banned

Status
    Liked
    Here's her "Thank you" video for all the views on the one in the OP. She just gives off the vibe of "crazy theater chick" that I used to see all the time in college. The entire time it just seems like she's "acting", and I guarantee when she's not cheery and "acting" she's a fucking psychological mess, as most drama students are.

Ah, there's the "Lisa Lobe" eyeglasses. Yea, she's your typical "culturally-aware" scenester trendoid lemming chick with a bone to pick with everyone. I LOATHE these women. LOATHE them. They're nothing but substance langoliers anymore for corporations interested to exploit and make a buck off of every male-dominated underground that ever existed. They're the reason why Hot Topic exists in the first place. Ugh. They all look the same too, give or take a few minor differences. Those glasses though. Those fucking goddamn thick-rimmed black glasses are the dead give away. I've met that chick before.....Several thousand times. Her name's always different, but her personality and her fucking glasses are always the same. She spends every waking moment of her life chomping at the bit for someone to say something "out of line" or non-PC, so she can jump down their throat and preach to them for 67 hours about how much of a bigot / sexist they are. In turn, she receives P.C. points from her fellow thick black rimmed glasses wearing clones, which unfortunately are neither redeemable for merchandise at Hot Topic or for services at the local tattoo parlor for another session on the Visa Sleeve. Perhaps this too should become yet another example of how she's "oppressed". Poor Little Rich Girl:

The Methadones - Poor Little Rich Girl - YouTube

"Searchin' for herself, but not on her own dime" LOVE IT!

MGTOW King

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavian View Post
    IMO, it goes back to the Female sense of continually changing identity.

Us men take it for granted that other beings we encounter have linear thought processes.Tis not the case as far as I've observed with women.When a man watches a movie, for example, he judges the merits of a current scene based on the linear events of the previous ones he's seen. A woman , by comparison, identifies emotionally with the scenes she sees on the spot, with no past context association.

That's why a commercial has to be WELL written for a man to like it, while a female just has to like how it looks in the moment.Biology predispossed the feminine gender with nest building traits modern corporations find quite convenient.
    One thing I learned from Mad Men is that advertisers sell FEELINGS, not products. Their ads have to make you FEEL good thoughts about something. Of course, this perfectly fits in with the female M.O., who think based on emotions rather than logic. And you brought up movies, which made me think of something - I can't count the number of times I've watched a movie with a girl and she needs constant reminders of who a character is or what a plot point was, even when they were clearly established. I can only assume that this because she's following the movie based on emotions, and not necessarily following all the small plot details like a guy would. No wonder why women bitch that there aren't any female directors in Hollywood.

MGTOW King

Status
    Liked
    Ah, there's the "Lisa Lobe" eyeglasses. Yea, she's your typical "culturally-aware" scenester trendoid lemming chick with a bone to pick with everyone. I LOATHE these women. LOATHE them. They're nothing but substance langoliers anymore for corporations interested to exploit and make a buck off of every male-dominated underground that ever existed. They're the reason why Hot Topic exists in the first place. Ugh. They all look the same too, give or take a few minor differences. Those glasses though. Those fucking goddamn thick-rimmed black glasses are the dead give away. I've met that chick before.....Several thousand times. Her name's always different, but her personality and her fucking glasses are always the same. She spends every waking moment of her life chomping at the bit for someone to say something "out of line" or non-PC, so she can jump down their throat and preach to them for 67 hours about how much of a bigot / sexist they are. In turn, she receives P.C. points from her fellow thick black rimmed glasses wearing clones, which unfortunately are neither redeemable for merchandise at Hot Topic or for services at the local tattoo parlor for another session on the Visa Sleeve. Perhaps this too should become yet another example of how she's "oppressed". Poor Little Rich Girl:

I don't know what it is, but glasses are usually a huge turn-off for me with a girl, because most girls with glasses have MASSIVE superiority complexes, like somehow glasses make them smarter than everyone else. Notice how in the beginning of the video she shows herself "reading" a book, and the background is full of book shelves? Girls like this love talking about how they graduated from college. You know who else graduated from college? Pretty much everyone in your age and socioeconomic class. You're not special.

And yeah, Hot Topic only exists because of girls. I knew a guy who used to work at one, and part of his job was to go to shows and take notes on what people were wearing, then report back. So he said that he tried fucking with them a few times, saying guys were wearing top hats and raincoats. I can only imagine what would've happened if the company actually started making top hats and raincoats based on these false suggestions. This company isn't breaking any new ground. In fact, they're about 5 years behind the underground in terms of trends. But metal and hardcore and punk are typically male-dominated subcultures, so of course poseur chicks will want to glom on once something is "hot".

And just a small nitpick about that song you posted - It's really catchy, but the vocals have some of the worst auto-tuning I've ever heard. But the message is great. The most "punk" girls I know are usually only punk because they can afford to be punk. I don't know what it is, but the richer the girl, the higher her chances of dressing like a homeless person or living in a converted factory or worse, a squat.
    Last edited by ng85; 10-02-14 at 09:17 PM.

Status
    Liked

Scorching identification! Yeah, as soon as I saw her pic in that video, I knew that I wasn't going to need to press Play: I already knew EXACTLY who she was. "You can't generalise!" they love to say - oh the irony overload!

Banned

Status
    Liked
    I don't know what it is, but glasses are usually a huge turn-off for me with a girl, because most girls with glasses have MASSIVE superiority complexes, like somehow glasses make them smarter than everyone else. Notice how in the beginning of the video she shows herself "reading" a book, and the background is full of book shelves? Girls like this love talking about how they graduated from college. You know who else graduated from college? Pretty much everyone in your age and socioeconomic class. You're not special.
    You couldn't have hit the nail harder on the head. College-educated women in America have a strong tendency to have a very elitist disposition based on the fact that they've got a bachelor's degree. They're also poor, confused creatures when you take into account the amount of liberal, pro-feminism, ant-capitalistic rhetoric they absorb and regurgitate from their professors coupled with their seemingly intrinsic need / nature to parrot everything else that pop culture feeds them about "acceptable standards of living". It's gotten worse over the years too. You know it's bad when you start seeing 30-something tatted up housewifes living in McMansions cruising the cul-de-sac in their Lexus SUV's listening to Against All Authority on the stereo. But they'll preach to YOU about women's rights, how evil capitalism is, and how racist of a society we live in.....All from the comfort of their white-bread neighborhoods. It's okay though. Even though they don't exactly practice what they preach, they went to college. That's all that matters.

I'm not saying there aren't any men who also fit this mold, but I really think they're few and far between. The "Betty Boop / sleeve tat chick" phenomenon didn't appear in the scene I was involved in until I was in my early 20's. I remember one of the first ones I came into contact with. I was about a year out of high school, and this chick came up to me in a club like I was her best friend. It took me a minute or two to realize, but she was a fucking cheerleader jock fucker who wouldn't have given me or my friends the time of day back in high school. Here she was now with about 10k worth of ink permanently etched into both her arms, wearing a torn NOFX "Pump Up the Valium" tee and an argyle miniskirt with fishnets and Vans shoes. The last time I'd seen this girl (roughly 18-24 months prior), she looked like she belonged on the cover of a fucking Nancy Drew book. I was disgusted, but to be quite honest I actually felt bad for her more than anything. Now she's fucked with two arm-fulls of ink because one day during her freshman year in college she visited a Hot Topic store and magically everything she shunned me and my friends for became "cool" to her for five minutes of her life. Over the next few years I started seeing more and more of these chicks in the scene, which was one of the reasons I stopped caring or going to shows. Eventually it became overrun with them, and (around here at least) most punk shows are chock full of snobby know-it-all chicks and douchey hipster guys drinking $10 / bottle micro-brewed beer and criticizing every note and aspect of the music and their surroundings.

Edit: NG85, the band in that vid I posted is Dan Vapid from Screeching Weasel's old side project. I agree with you that the vocals, though if he actually does use a harmonizer I doubt he'd ever admit it. I dunno why anyone would use one. Most of my favorite vocalists couldn't carry a fucking tune if their lives depended on it.
    Last edited by hotloader; 11-02-14 at 01:03 AM.

Status
    Liked
    1. This chick is crazy. She talks,sounds, and looks exactly like my friend.except my friend is 4'5 or something.

I see this all the time with chicks who are into burlesque or tattoo culture (Many times feminists). I think part of it is, at least on the outside, they're trying to juxtapose style ("Look at me, I'm a college-educated woman with tattoos but I dress like it's the 50's! I'm so DIFFERENT!"). Part of it could also be kitsch. But honestly I do wonder if these women want to go back in time to the 50's and be housewives. After all, it'd be a lot easier than studying for exams or having any real responsibility.
    Partially right-
    They're advertising to snag a"retro (alpha Thug) man" and a provider. The 50's look says to all the suckers "look I know what you want and Ill totally stay home and let you take care of me! I believe in that too." While at the same time saying "I'm garish and out there and betty page was just on the cusp of how whorish she coulda been, all that potential man-power gone to waste cause she couldn't openly rule the suckers-Watch me do it better!"

It's one mask to rule them both.

I had a roomate like this, she was/is a model (hairdresser), she does hair for a living, some admittedly cool photo shoots, and has some nude modeling stuff online.

I looked at the nude modeling stuff and was like "meh."

Admittedly in our conversations and actions she is an Avid "alpha chaser" and "modern woman" who doesn't hear or think anything that doesn't immediately benefit her.

It's astounding to watch.

She is now bound to a radio DJ/comedian and constantly thanks me (when ever we bump into each other) about that relationship granting advice I gave her:

"If you want a man, Act like a woman."

It worked, and she's still asking me about my book.

I had BIG qualms about selling out men (after the Red Pill) , but selling Harpies the weapons to up their schizophrenic illusion game in the arms race.

So I declined to write it. It's really filled with common advice.

But it could torch a man's life.

NOW - I still have half a mind to sell it. And it probably wouldn't sell.
    Last edited by Yolo Twerkins; 11-02-14 at 02:09 AM.