Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feminazis Redouble Efforts to Conquer the Internet

Experienced Member

Status
    Liked

Feminazis Redouble Efforts to Conquer the Internet

We Must Not Shut Up About How Women Are Treated on the Internet

Anyone who genuinely cares about anything is bound to sound like a broken record from time to time (Well, at least we agree on that point; you & your ilk DO sound like a broken record). If you actually give a shit about a problem (and I don't mean a "problem" like "the co-op is out of Honeycrisps," I mean a PROBLEM PROBLEM) (Like a total stranger on the other side of the country typing words that hurt your feeeeeewings), then you don't just lodge your complaint and sit back down while the world rolls on around you. You do not shut up until that problem is fixed (You know how to play to women's strength: the inability to ever shut up ever). You repeat and reframe and repeat and reframe and message, message, message (even my ex-wife knew that this tactic is simply called "NAGGING"), and eventually—hopefully—you manage to lodge that message somewhere in the public consciousness ("If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth" -Joseph Goebbels). That is how things move forward.* And right now, we desperately need to not shut up about the way the internet treats women.

To that end, everyone needs to read Amanda Hess's stellar essay on women and internet trolls in Pacific Standard. And then tell everyone you know to read it and then tell them again More nagging? Is that seriously the ONLY strategy you have for getting things done?).

It's an incredibly thorough, enraging investigation of the ways that internet "trolls" (with help from IRL law enforcement, who treat the web like a "fantasyland" (That's not help, that's just kind of the truth)) systematically and deliberately drive women out of online spaces (Good. Women poison every space they invade). Hess details her own harrowing, infuriating experience attempting to take action against an online stalker, and explores the often invisible emotional (feeeeeewings!) and financial (what, therapy bills?)consequences for women who choose to absorb the hate instead of removing themselves from web-based discourse (What's the expression? If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen?). She also delves into the potential solutions—legal and electronic—that activists and victims are hanging their hopes on ("Somebody hurt my feeeeeewings! Crush them with the power of the state!!!").

It's impossible to choose a representative quote (Convenient), but here's Hess on the frustration of trying to deal with online abuse through channels that aren't even equipped to comprehend it:

When I received those seven tweets in Palm Springs, a well-meaning friend reported them as abusive through Twitter's system, hoping that action on the platform's end would help further my case. A few hours later, the tweets were erased from the site without comment (or communication with me). Headlessfemalepig's Twitter feed was replaced with a page noting that the account had been suspended (So Twatter's system worked?). Luckily, I had taken screenshots of the tweets, but to the cops working with a limited understanding of the platform, their sudden disappearance only confused the issue. The detective assigned to my case asked me to send him links pointing to where the messages lived online—but absent a subpoena of Twitter's records (Which, if she felt so threatened, why did she not pursue one?), they were gone from law enforcement's view (Waitaminnit, the police didn't just bull-headedly prosecute on a woman's say-so with no real evidence to back it up?! Maybe justice DOES exist...). If someone had reported the threats before I got a chance to see them, I might not even have been able to indicate their existence at all. Without a proper investigation, I am incapable of knowing whether headlessfemalepig is a one-time offender or the serial stalker who has followed me for many years (again, if it's that important, why not press for a subpoena?). Meanwhile, nothing's stopping headlessfemalepig from continuing to tweet away under a new name.

I regularly see anti-woman trolls celebrating when they think they've successfully driven a woman off the internet (As they should; see my above comment, re: WOMEN POISON EVERYTHING). This isn't a joke or an abstraction—it is a direct politically-motivated action to silence women's voices (Oh, if only it were possible for women to be silent...). The volume and intensity of harassment is only magnified for women of color and disabled women and trans women and other intersecting identities (Feminist Intersectionality: when feminists refuse to acknowledge their own irrelevence & co-opt other people's problems). And when you complain, you're told you're being "oversensitive" (You are) or "focusing on the negative" (You are) or "letting the trolls win" (again, YOU ARE. DON'T FEED THE TROLLS) or, the classic, "destroying freedom of speech." (Hey, um, quick aside: I know your "freedom" to send me rape threats without having your feelings hurt (I don't approve of rape threats personally, but you obviously let Hollywood shape your beliefs about what can actually be accomplished with a computer)makes up MOST of the text of the First Amendment, but what about my freedom to use the internet safely (I'd bet everything I own that you are completely safe using the internet and that 99.999999999999999% of the threats you receive are utterly empty)? The way that straight white dudes (Oh, I forgot, I'm not allowed to have an opinion!)—the people with the most freedom in every way that you can possibly quantify "freedom" as a concept (the freedom to pay for other men's thug-spawn, the freedom to make up 75% of suicides, the freedom to make up 90% of workplace deaths, the freedom to be destroyed in divorce court)—have managed to appropriate the idea of freedom to limit the freedom of other people who are trying to assert their freedom is FUCKING BONKERS. And now I never want to see the word "freedom" again (The mask slips...).)

Here's Hess again, on how we talk to victims of harassment:

So the victim faces a psychological dilemma: How should she understand her own fear (as the groundless professional victim bs it is)? Should she, as many advise, dismiss an online threat as a silly game, and not bother to inform the cops that someone may want to—ha, ha—rape and kill her (see above, re: Hollywood & empty threats)? Or should she dutifully report every threat to police Not a bad idea, per se, to have documentation just in case. That's reasonable), who may well dismiss her concerns (Well, one should be prepared to not necessarily get a conviction without hard evidence)?

...Danielle Citron, a University of Maryland law professor who focuses on Internet threats, charted the popular response to Internet death and rape threats in a 2009 paper published in the Michigan Law Review. She found that Internet harassment is routinely dismissed as "harmless locker-room talk," perpetrators as "juvenile pranksters," and victims as "overly sensitive complainers." Weighing in on one online harassment case, in an interview on National Public Radio, journalist David Margolick called the threats "juvenile, immature, and obnoxious, but that is all they are … frivolous frat-boy rants."(Until we see evidence of the legions of trolls actually making good on their threats in real life, we, as reasonable people, must come to a similar conclusion)

I don't care if you're sick of hearing about internet trolls (We don't have to put up with trolls here. Thanks Mods! ). I'm sick of hearing about them too—but I'm also sick of hearing from them ("WE MUST SILENCE ALL DISSENT!"). I'm sick of women being treated like shit and then being treated like shit for complaining about being treated like shit (Well, if it looks like shit, and smells like shit...).

So anyway, don't shut up. Keep complaining(As if you have to TELL women to do that...). This is your internet too (If you'd just showed up & been civil, sure. But you made the choice to come in like a flock of shrieking harpies, demanding special treatment, demanding that WE change to accomodate YOU.).

*It's also a great way to make people hate being around you (Yes, it is). OH WELL, THOUGH. Oh well. I've long embraced my role as a broken-record Red Ajah nightmare shrew (I'm so happy for you, that you can embrace your true nature. Just don't inflict it on the rest of us), and if weathering a few tweets of "zzzzzzzzzz" and "UGH, WE GET IT, YOU HATE WHITE PEOPLE" here and there is the price for being even marginally helpful in some large-scale way(See, you ALMOST get it here; when a stranger on the internet types something you don't like, you shrug it off & move on. Like a GROWN UP.), then I'm happy to do it (Aaaand you lost it). W-evs. (I try to balance out earnestness with an equal-or-greater amount of my golden fart materia (Really? Where are these fart jokes? I must have missed them)l, but apparently there's no pleasing you people (Well why should we be pleased with you, when you so obviously will never be pleased with us?).)

Status
    Liked
    I would make a deal with the twats, if 10% of them can tell me how the internet actually works and what the infrastructure is like then we can share. Otherwise STFU.

Experienced Member

Status
    Liked
    You can't stop it. If you could stop ignorance, feminism wouldn't be around.

MGTOW King

Status
    Liked
    "And right now, we desperately need to not shut up about the way the internet treats women."

Dear Tulip, the internet is a virtual environment, it can’t treat you in any way. It is the space with which your digital-self moves about. It is anonymous and filled with phantom people, ideas, threats and praise.

I saw the movie White Noise, too. I agree, Michael Keaton is an under-rated actor and deserves better projects but that movie sucked. It was also fictional. No one is going to reach out of your monitor and haunt you into running down to your basement and tripping on that strangely placed shovel that had no reason for being there.

You see, the ocean is also an environment but it’s a physical environment. It’s possible that those who share it with you can threaten and make your life uncomfortable.

But the internet, well, it’s not a physical environment. Think of the internet as like Anne Hathaway’s eyebrows; ominous for sure, but largely harmless, unless you stare at them too long and then you may develop a phobia of caterpillars.

Anyway, if you have any questions, just let us know.

P.S. If you think the internet is scary, visit a court house and watch the decapitated men staggering out of family court…THAT should scare the sh** out of you.

Status
    Liked
    That stupid cow sure took a lot of words to say 'how can we win the arguments if men are allowed to answer back'?

Status
    Liked
    Have any of these "ladies" ever heard of "trash talk"? I mean im sure there are legit cases where people make threats that aren't empty, but for the most part trolls are to be ignored or blocked. It's the same thing with online competitive gaming. Guys say the most vile and downright nasty things to each other and for the most part there is no harm done. Why do these "ladies" think they should be exempt from hearing anything that might sting a little.

Playing games online and playing sports in real life has tought me one thing.... Either ignore or have fun dishing out your own trash talk. Alot of these trolls are not very smart, so if you can out wit them, you can actually have a little fun.

MGTOW King

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by pullupjumper View Post
    Have any of these "ladies" ever heard of "trash talk"? I mean im sure there are legit cases where people make threats that aren't empty, but for the most part trolls are to be ignored or blocked. It's the same thing with online competitive gaming. Guys say the most vile and downright nasty things to each other and for the most part there is no harm done. Why do these "ladies" think they should be exempt from hearing anything that might sting a little.

Playing games online and playing sports in real life has tought me one thing.... Either ignore or have fun dishing out your own trash talk. Alot of these trolls are not very smart, so if you can out wit them, you can actually have a little fun.
    Excellent Point! One of the things I liked about playing basketball was trash talking friends until they broke down laughing.

MGTOW King

Status
    Liked
    Amendment, but what about my freedom to use the internet safely? The way that straight white dudes
    Safely? Safely? A person cannot rape you through an internet connection. Fiber optic cable it too narrow for a penis to fit through it.

What is frying your chips, babe, is that men don't spend our lives quaking in fear over every little imaginary thing. Your secret shame is that a spider in the bathtub will paralyze you with helplessness, and you know that any man out there would be able to simply deal with it.

Experienced Member

Status
    Liked
    How can a virtual environment treat you in a specific manner ?

It's virtual cupcakes. VIRTUAL. Everything that you observe and feel is up to your perception.

Women collectively don't poison everything. They just poison every male space and male inventions for their own needs.

Experienced Member

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastal View Post
    That stupid cow sure took a lot of words to say 'how can we win the arguments if men are allowed to answer back'?
    I don't think cows...even domesticated ones...Are THAT stupid, naive and ignorant....

MGTOW Master

Status
    Liked
    Tl;DR: the internetz was mean to da wimmins again and made them sad. Da wimmins want that to be a crime against humanity. Wimminz are empowered and equal and have grrl powrr but they need protection cuz da internetz is mean and too powerful cuz it has bad werdz.

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Sin View Post
    I don't think cows...even domesticated ones...Are THAT stupid, naive and ignorant....
    Agreed. Insulting to cows. Lol. Cows are far more useful than women. By an order of considerable magnitude. Cows keep on giving even after they die they are so useful. Women would be fortunate to have a tiny fraction of the utility or intelligence of a cow. But they don't.

MGTOW Master

Status
    Liked
    jezebel.com
    stopped reading there.

Status
    Liked
    It's not going to work, because there is no "alpha male" to police everything for them on the internet, and anonymity allows anyone and everyone to take shots at those who get too high on their pedestal. Plus the truth has a way of sorting out disinformation, when everyone is allowed to speak freely.

So let them waste their time "Waging War on the Interwebz!!2!!", it will only make them even infamous as hypocritical morons.

Experienced Member

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWombat View Post
    Safely? Safely? A person cannot rape you through an internet connection. Fiber optic cable it too narrow for a dildo to fit through it.
    Phixed.

Experienced Member

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow7057 View Post
    It's not going to work, because there is no "alpha male" to police everything for them on the internet, and anonymity allows anyone and everyone to take shots at those who get too high on their pedestal. Plus the truth has a way of sorting out disinformation, when everyone is allowed to speak freely.

So let them waste their time "Waging War on the Interwebz!!2!!", it will only make them even infamous as hypocritical morons.
    Um, the government. "War on Drugs." "War on Terrorism." ... "War on Internet Hate Crimes."

Banned

Status
    Liked
    Lindy West... this is the same lardass who was bitching she couldn't fit into an airline seat and rather than putting the fork down, she just complained that airlines need to make seats bigger.

I'm not even going to bother to search for the article and post it here, I have an itch to scratch instead...

This is just the usual female crap where they want to invade a predominantly male space and change it so they feel safe in it. If I had a mental breakdown every time someone said something mean to me, I would have eaten a bullet a LONG time ago...

Name:  2d5e8a2e49e79a8442da8b136129b5bd.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  56.5 KB
    Last edited by TheDisgruntledGentleman; 09-01-14 at 03:10 PM.

Experienced Member

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDisgruntledGentleman View Post
    Lindy West... this is the same lardass who was bitching she couldn't fit into an airline seat and rather than putting the fork down, she just complained that airlines need to make seats bigger.

I'm not even going to bother to search for the article and post it here, I have an itch to scratch instead...

This is just the usual female crap where they want to invade a predominantly male space and change it so they feel safe in it. If I had a mental breakdown every time someone said something mean to me, I would have eaten a bullet a LONG time ago...

Name:  2d5e8a2e49e79a8442da8b136129b5bd.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  56.5 KB
    Ha! I knew her name sounded familiar!

(EYE BLEACH WARNING)

This human garbage disposal is the spearhead of feminist domination?!

Name:  haha.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  9.4 KB

MGTOW Skilled

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by GT66 View Post
    Tl;DR: the internetz was mean to da wimmins again and made them sad. Da wimmins want that to be a crime against humanity. Wimminz are empowered and equal and have grrl powrr but they need protection cuz da internetz is mean and too powerful cuz it has bad werdz.
    Some New Year's reps to you, sir!

Cheers!

Status
    Liked
    All I understood was "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!! I want my way now!Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh! Gimmee gimmee gimmee!! I'm special my mommy and daddy told me so!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!!"

Why she doesn't hold her breath till she turns blue is because then she'd be quiet. Quiet people get ignored on teh internetz.