Thread: The Job Hunt

MGTOW Skilled

Status
    Liked

The Job Hunt

As promised in a previous thread, where I talked about GTFO the United States of Holy Crap this is Actually America, here are some of the resources to which I have been submitted my resume, cover letter and applying to jobs through.

Let me start by saying that so far these seem to be the best web sites with the most opportunities available, but that I am specifically looking for entry level work in a trade or in my field from the military, and strictly in Afghanistan.

If anyone else has any further resources or information, your comments will be most appreciated.

Careers | KBR: A Global Engineering, Construction and Services Company

Security Clearance Jobs - ClearanceJobs.com

This one is for anyone who possesses a security clearance and allows for networking opportunities with multiple companies and their recruiters. No join fee, but it looks like you have to pay to get in touch with p

https://www.theladders.com/reg/ppc?c...FQ&pl=gos-leap

This is a paid site, with multiple tiers of payment based on how long you plan to search the site for jobs.

Rumor around the time I was in Iraq 5-9 years ago was that base salary for even menial jobs was north of 80k, and nowadays more like 90k, if you're willing to work in a conflict region. If you have security clearance, college degrees, military background, all are big pluses. Skilled trades are also highly valued.

I'll also be applying with Anham, DHL, and Supreme Group at their individual web sites.
    Last edited by Notorious G.I.T.; 08-23-2013 at 08:20 AM.

Status
    Liked
    Nice thread. I'm a combat veteran and an RN. They don't seem to need RNs in those contracting companies though! Would love to travel a bit and get paid twice what Im worth! Haha.

MGTOW Skilled

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislow View Post
    Nice thread. I'm a combat veteran and an RN. They don't seem to need RNs in those contracting companies though! Would love to travel a bit and get paid twice what Im worth! Haha.
    Some of the jobs are just 9-5 POG work, like truck dispatching, warehouse supervisor, billeting coordinator. Jobs a monkey could do, but they want to hire Americans, and Americans wouldn't go there without the motivation of more money than they can make here. It is doable, but if you love being an RN, probably not so much.

Veteran Member

Status
    Liked
    A commendable effort, brother GiT, but working for KBR still means you're sucking at the Federal gubbmint teat, no?

<slightly OT>
    An American acquaintance of mine, now sadly passed away, GTFO after many years in an esoteric part of the petro-chemical industry with Halliburton-KBR and retired to a rural idyll in Veracruz, Mexico - there to tend his fruit trees and vegetable garden and live simply (even though he had income from many wise investments). He cut himself off from all contact with his former industry and colleagues and wished nothing more to do with them. He had no family in the USA.

Imagine his surprise then, one day, after about six years of ghosting, there was a knock on his door. A smartly dressed young, white American stood on his doorstep (in an area not known for Mormon missionaries), holding a clipboard and bearing a worried expression. "Are you Ed ****?", asked the young man. Ed could see a form of some kind on the clipboard, bearing a his own photo from years before. His heart sank as he admitted his identity. "Thank god we finally found you," continued the young man, earnestly, "We need you to come and get a project back on track and..."

As he told me, it wasn't the surprise that they should come looking for him, just that it took them so long.