Thread: Famous men beat down by their females.

Status
    Liked

Famous men beat down by their females.

I ran across this and noticed names that I hadn't heard before at
    hxxp://www.11points.com/News-Politics/11_Famous_Men_Who_Were_Beat_Down_By_Their_Women

Some highlights: (and a welcome to Cracked readers! Please stay and read a few articles.)

Abraham Lincoln: Apparently, one time, Abe didn't put enough wood on a fire, so Mary Todd hit him with a log. Another time, Abe didn't buy the right kind of meat for breakfast, so Mary Todd smacked him in the face and drew blood.

By all reports, he hated his marriage; in 1864, he pardoned a Union soldier who abandoned the Army to marry his childhood sweetheart... and, while signing the pardon, Lincoln said, "I want to punish the young man. Probably in less than a year, he'll wish I had withheld the pardon."

Bobby Brown: Whitney said, "Contrary to belief, I do the hitting, he doesn't. He has never put his hands on me. We are crazy for one another. I mean crazy in love, love, love, love, love. When we're fighting, it's like that's love for us. We're fighting for our love."

Humphrey Bogart. Apparently, Bogart and his third wife, Mayo Mathot, used to get into alcohol-induced fights all the time. So why is he on the victims list? One of those fights ended up with her stabbing him in the back.

Christian Slater. Back in 2003, Christian Slater and his wife, Ryan Haddon Slater, got into a fight at the Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas. She threw a glass at him and it shattered on his neck, requiring 20 stitches. She was arrested for domestic battery.

Bill Clinton. In the biography of Hillary Rodham Clinton called "Hillary's Choice", Hillary used to routinely beat on Bill, including one time after the Monica Lewinsky scandal broke.

In a stranger, earlier incident, in 1993, Hillary scratched Bill's face with her nails and left marks on his chin.

Stephen Hawking. According to reports in 2004 (which Hawking denied), his second wife, Elaine, was abusive to Hawking... which even led to him being hospitalized with a broken wrist and cuts on his face.

Phil Hartman Well, I think we know what happened there. I'm not going to leave him out.

These are examples of men at the top of the careers in politics, music, movies, sports, and science. This demonstrates that no matter how much you make, how famous your are, or no matter how significant your contributions to society are - there's a female out there that wants to punch you in the face, kick, stab, scratch, or throw a glass at your neck because you didn't live up to her expectations.

I was also stunned that Abe Lincoln thought there was no better way to punish a man than marriage. That pushes the idea of marriage 1.0 to existing before the 1860's. It also shows that the government has been knowingly punishing men with marriage for about 150 years.

The Allman Brothers Band: I drown myself in sorrow As I look at what you've done. Nothin' seems to change. Bad times stay the same. And I can't run. Sometimes I feel, Sometimes I feel - Like I've been tied.. To the whipping post.
    Last edited by The Great One; 08-08-2012 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Just wanted to say "HI!" to the Cracked people.

MGTOW King

Status
    Liked
    I'm surprised they left out John Wayne Bobbitt, one of the worst cases of spousal abuse by a wife.

Then again, he wasn't famous until she cut off his dick.

MGTOW King

Status
    Liked
    Oh! And I believe we forgot Socrates.

bem
    Experienced Member

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Stephen Hawking. According to reports in 2004 (which Hawking denied), his second wife, Elaine, was abusive to Hawking... which even led to him being hospitalized with a broken wrist and cuts on his face.
    Stephen Hawking....

The man lives his life in a ****ing wheelchair, and that fact doesn't stop his **** ***** of a wife from beating on the poor guy.

MGTOW Master

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by bem View Post
    Stephen Hawking....

The man lives his life in a ****ing wheelchair, and that fact doesn't stop his **** ***** of a wife from beating on the poor guy.
    She probably doesn't see the intellectually brillant man he is; but instead sees him as a burden that she is required to push around, feed, take care of, etc.. That's FemLogic for you.

MGTOW Master

Status
    Liked
    Albert Einstien - He was "expecting" to win the Nobel prize during his divorce so they gave it (and his 2 houses) to his wife before he even won it. Of course he got the fame, but she got the actual money which is around 1 million.

Side note - his ex wife later went bankrupt and her own kids disowned her because she spent their inheritance.

Both the houses she took from Albert were bombed to pieces in WW2 along with the commercial properties she had invested in.

Veteran Member

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by bem View Post
    Stephen Hawking....

For that one, she was seen as a hero. She performed a great act of bravery. Women have a wacky sense of honor.
    It's like 180 degrees out of phase.

They say that women have misterious ways... Yeah...

Status
    Liked
    I recently met the first woman I know who was arrested for allegedly hitting her husband. This was in the U.S. and the husband was not arrested.

Most of the time, society doesn't care about violence to men and men are often the worst offenders.

Duncan M
    Joe Biden knows that these men all had it coming to them.
    When will men stop forcing their sweet women to resort to violence to keep them in line?
    When is it ok for a woman to hit a man? When he is still breathing.
    Last edited by Duncan M; 08-02-2012 at 03:50 AM.

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I was also stunned that Abe Lincoln thought there was no better way to punish a man than marriage. That pushes the idea of marriage 1.0 to existing before the 1860's. It also shows that the government has been knowingly punishing men with marriage for about 150 years.
    Maybe it just means that Marriage was a shit program to start with.

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by fester View Post
    Then again, he wasn't famous until she cut off his dick.
    That's why
    you'd never heard the name if....

Status
    Liked
    BachelorLessons: Maybe it just means that Marriage was a shit program to start with.

You know, I tend to agree with you. Yet many still embrace the Marriage 1.0 philosophy and others might think that a return to this one day might be preferable. Some think that at one point marriage was different than it is now, yet the more that I look back in time - the more that I see the same old crap that is going on now. I don't expect any real changes in marriage any time soon.

To tell the truth, I can't think of any specific rules that would make marriage work. Based on what I've seen of long-term marriage, the bride and groom need to spend a significant amount of time doing their own thing away from the other so they won't drive each other crazy. Which is basically the opposite of the idea of marriage.

enitiate: I recently met the first woman I know who was arrested for allegedly hitting her husband. This was in the U.S. and the husband was not arrested.

Most of the time, society doesn't care about violence to men and men are often the worst offenders.

Most of the time, society doesn't care about violence to men and WOMEN are often the worst offenders.

Fixed. I'll just assume that you had a brain fart / typo on that one. As Spiderman says: "everybody gets One".

I do hope that the authorities are catching on to the blatant fact that females are major perps when it comes to domestic and other types of violence. One instance is a start but not a trend (yet).

I didn't want to put in Bobbit because I don't like thinking about that level of insanity. I tend to think of those crimes less like domestic violence and more like genocide (not to demean ethnic cleansing). Besides, he's not the only one and I wouldn't want to leave out any other man that suffered that level of injustice (and there are quite a few examples).

Billy Joel: She can kill with a smile. She can wound with her eyes. She can ruin your faith with her casual lies. And she only reveals what she wants you to see. She hides like a child, But she's always a woman to me.

Jso
    MGTOW Master

Status
    Liked
    behind every great terrorist and tyrant, there was a woman. women are definitely the worst tyrants of all.

even these amazing men, pinnacles of the human race, had to deal with horrible ****y women. men create, women destroy.

Status
    Liked
    EDIT: PLEASE POST AN INTRODUCTION IN THE NEW MEMBER FORUM!

Nacho
    Last edited by Nacho Vidal; 08-07-2012 at 10:23 PM.