Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had enough bull at my current job, interviewing for another tomorrow :)

Status
    Liked

Had enough bull at my current job, interviewing for another tomorrow :)

I've posted before about both my living arrangement and job.

At my old apartment I had a borderline/histrionic neighbour. Finally got out of there. I lived in that building for 3 years too long (price was right, and I was on shaky employment doing contracts).

I am now living in a tall, faceless building where I can ghost. It's a total dream. I go totally unnoticed here. Been here a couple weeks but I can see how it plays out. Further, no noise or drama. Just quiet for me to think, read, write, code, plan, etc I'm loving it. Away from the batshit insane women of the old building. (I have family and a few very close friends in my support network so I'm not totally isolated despite my praise of the faceless building.) There are women here, but they are far more subdued/afraid of "teh big bad men" whereas in a smaller dwelling (6 or 8 apartments) it seems evident that women get extremely comfortable with being themselves (yelling, being total bitches, etc).

Anyhow onto another point. Work.

Well I made the mistake of crossing the women at my job. Basically, for three of them, I wasn't going to do their work. Apparently that's a big no-no. That's seriously what it amounted to. I said "no" and stood by it, immovable. I'm still employed but in their (those women) bad books. It makes working there difficult. Very passive agressive bitch behaviour from them and such.

I need out of there anyhow. It's turned into a toxic chat fest, day after day they just talk talk talk and expect the guys to pick up the slack. It's so very true what you see repeated around here. I've been in the work world full time for 6 years and I saw it before but never really acknowledged it for what it was (remaining blue pill fragments?).

I've been applying to other jobs all the while over the last few months. I have an interview lined up tomorrow brothers. Fingers crossed it goes well and I land the gig.

At the end of the day this isn't about bragging, it's about staying positive. The apartment change was hugely positive. Now I am hopeful a job change can be, too. I want to ghost, ghost, ghost and enjoy life, be happy once again free from the plantation.

Think of me tomorrow at 1PM EST brothers. I'll be *hopefully* impressing my future employer.

(I've not been around here lately with the move and work stress; I really just need karma/prayers/whatever to see me through tomorrow. I'm not religious, but hell I'll take any good will :P)

Status
    Liked
    Good luck man I'll pray for you. Hopefully it all works out brother.
    Last edited by NoBullShit1990; 11-12-13 at 02:51 AM.

Experienced Member

Status
    Liked
    Good luck tomorrow, let us know how it goes.

MGTOW King

Status
    Liked
    Good luck.

Status
    Liked
    congrats CIG. nice to read a post of such a positive nature. know what you mean about working with/for the ladies. hope your new gig doesn't have those issues, but anywhere you have to work with women... well obviously awalt. peace and good tidings to you from a fellow ghost!

Status
    Liked
    Thanks brothers, and thanks for the insight quaboag -- definitely under no illusion that the new place doesn't suffer all the same.

The good things are:
    - new women, new problems
    - there is one woman with 3 billion faces on earth, but the new ones won't take issue with me daily, passive aggressively.... i can act (through wise ghosting) to give a fuck and white knightish from early on, saving myself some grief
    - it's a MUCH larger corporation. i currently work in a smaller office. i find (just like the living arrangement) - women's mask comes off far sooner as they are comfortable in smaller surroundings...
    - new job involves plenty of travel... great for a bachelor like me ;)

It's just a fresh start, in a different city, with a much larger employer. I look forward to the change. At one day, it too will become stale just the same... but until that day, I can be happy and reasonably enjoy the work.

Accepting all your good wishes. I hope I have one +1 good news story to report to the MGTOW team soon enough brothers Stay positive, I know it can be hard... I woke up (after 4hour sleep) feeling great, only to realize I am back in this same world with my nightmarish job. Hopefully to be freed soon from that plantation. Fuck them ;)

Status
    Liked
    You should mess with their heads like one guy I read about who would take a journal into the lunch room and synchronise his writing activity with their talking. They noticed this and assumed that he was writing about them. They started hamsterbating furiously. Of course when he was done he would put his journal in the car so when the boss chick finally asked him for it on his last day there he was able to tell them it was not in the office.

MGTOW Skilled

Status
    Liked
    Good luck with the interview!

Status
    Liked
    I'll pray for you Cani. Glad to hear a young MGTOW standing his grounds to the hens and not being their corporate puppet. Consider a STEM field if you want to work at a near twat free work environment.

Status
    Liked
    Good luck!

Small old buildings are where the crazy cat ladies go to spread the misery. I moved out of one almost 3 years ago and it is one of the best life-enhancements possible.

For employment, sometimes it's good enough just to see a new set of bitch-faces rather than the same old ones.

Status
    Liked
    Mongoose said what I've been feeling -- sometimes it's just good enough to see a new set of bitch-faces ;)

The interview went exceptionally well brothers! You never know with these things, but I thought it was one of the better interviews I've ever done. I'll keep applying to other opportunities.

Stay positives brahs, never give in to bitches at work or home. Be you, enjoy life, ghost, do what makes you happy - its too short to serve on the plantation for the crazies ;)

Status
    Liked
    Good news brothers.

The second interview went well, back on December 11th. The day after she asked for some sample work (good sign) through an 8am email.

Today I found out that I am headed to round 3...literally, the third interview Early January.

While I will not hold my breath, I am going to prep the fuck out of this over the next 2 weeks so that at least I have done my diligence. I am thankful that it falls over the christmas time because I might be asked to do a 3rd round interview with very little turn around time -- the first and second interviews were like that.

I am not sure what the numbers are like, but a simple random guess from me would say there is anywhere from 3-5 candidates left? There had been 119 direct applicants on linkedin (I signed up for a premium account which shows you that kind of information) and untold number of other applicants outside of linkedin.

In any event... no matter how bleak it gets, please stay positive brothers. I had been down and depressed as fuck lately because of how much I loathe my job -- not for the work (I love it), but because of the crazy bitches I have to work with. I know it's the same everywhere, but honestly it's just about seeing a new set of crazy faces and a new crazy personality to go with it. And I do believe there are shades of crazy that you can be exposed to in work -- some on a better end, some on a worse end. (by "better" i mean more tolerable)

Take care, stay positive.

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by CaniGhost View Post
    Thanks brothers, and thanks for the insight quaboag -- definitely under no illusion that the new place doesn't suffer all the same.

The good things are:
    - new women, new problems
    - there is one woman with 3 billion faces on earth, but the new ones won't take issue with me daily, passive aggressively.... i can act (through wise ghosting) to give a fuck and white knightish from early on, saving myself some grief
    - it's a MUCH larger corporation. i currently work in a smaller office. i find (just like the living arrangement) - women's mask comes off far sooner as they are comfortable in smaller surroundings...
    - new job involves plenty of travel... great for a bachelor like me ;)

It's just a fresh start, in a different city, with a much larger employer. I look forward to the change. At one day, it too will become stale just the same... but until that day, I can be happy and reasonably enjoy the work.

Accepting all your good wishes. I hope I have one +1 good news story to report to the MGTOW team soon enough brothers Stay positive, I know it can be hard... I woke up (after 4hour sleep) feeling great, only to realize I am back in this same world with my nightmarish job. Hopefully to be freed soon from that plantation. Fuck them ;)
    Good that you realize that the grass isn't always greener elsewhere. Good luck on your next interview in January.

Status
    Liked
    I am happy for you man. I am currently dealing with this bitch of a HR woman who makes no effort to tell me what the fuck is going on and whenever I ask she offers a token apology, followed by "oh we need X from you before proceeding". Hasn't told me that I have the job yet, but has already asked me to provide personal information for criminal background checks. That usually means you have the job right? So why the fuck wouldn't the bitch tell me already? I explicitly asked the bitch to tell me whats going to happen before she left for the holidays. I would have very much liked to end this shit year on a positive note and raise a glass in joy. Nope. I have to wait for this clusterfuck of a company until January, or who knows when to tell me if I get the privilege of working for these fucking assholes.

It has been over 3 months since I first made contact with this company. 3 fucking months. I'm employed so I'm not in a bad way, but I fucking hate this fucking bitch. She is an extremely poor representative for the company. Maybe I'm expecting too much because employment is a privilege these days. People can take a shit in your mouth, and you are supposed to just eat it and smile.

If you ever wonder why I'm sour, this is why.

What really boils my blood is that this bitch is in HR. What in the name of christ is she doing all day? I have to remind her to do her fucking job? I have to keep begging like a dog to get any info.
    Last edited by hansmoleman; 30-12-13 at 07:07 AM.

Status
    Liked
    Hey Hansmoleman, sorry to hear about your grief HR is generally filled with some of the most useless twats, though

I finally secured the third interview date and time - set for next wednesday. I am going to spend most of my time between now and then preparing, with the exception of tonight - just going to watch a movie or two and crash.

As always - stay positive in this job market brothers. It's tough, and sometimes it can seem like nothing comes your way...and then you get thrown a bone!

Banned

Status
    Liked
    I'd wish you luck, but you men here are too god damn good to need it. Kick names and take ass bro!

Er... Name asses and take kicks? How's that go again?

Seriously though. Rooting for you. *telekinetic back slap in whatever direction you're in*

Status
    Liked
    In 15 hours (1PM EST) I will be in the third interview.

Nervous. Not about doing poorly, but about not getting the job (so...indirectly...about doing poorly ).

Hope I nail it. I really, really hope I nail it and get a reasonable offer. It's all I wanted for the last 6 months of 2013, really :P

Status
    Liked
    7 hours brothers 7 hours.

People tell me (which helps my confidence) that they wouldn't take me to round 3 unless seriously interested. Further, they've seen samples of my work and took my list of references (but apparently have yet to contact any). I am hopeful this works out. It's been too long in the making (been trying to find an opportunity for ages).

I hope to win it. Not just for me, but for every guy out there who's labour ends up subsidizing useless twats at work. I know it happens everywhere, but it's doubly frustrating at a job you hate: the women do nothing, you work, they are gainfully employed while good skilled men are unable to get a job because it's not PC to hire a man-only team.

I've noticed all along, but become even more aware, that the women in my office literally do fuck all but ride on the coattails of the guys -- not just me, but my colleagues as well.

The women at this job just cause confusion, drama and bigger staffing spending. I've yet to see something that this particular batch of bitches bring to the table other than themselves. That seems to be the all important hiring requirement for a woman: be present. That's it. You got a job.

The guys? You're responsible for everything. Including doing the work for the women and handing it over to them.

Banned

Status
    Liked
    7 hours brothers 7 hours.
    I had an interview that last that long once. I ended up getting the job, too. That's a good sign. Good luck to you!

People tell me (which helps my confidence) that they wouldn't take me to round 3 unless seriously interested.
    Very true. Every company that I had a 3rd interview for, eventually hired me.

Status
    Liked
    Interview went well.

The hiring manager called me today and said that while they are interviewing 2 more next week, I am definitely being strongly considered as I "seem a great fit". Only time will tell.

I have another interview Monday at 4PM, with a competing company. Either way my luck has begun to turn / getting me out of the office of crazy women.

Hang in there guys. I know it can be depressing.