Thread: Need Some Help...Eye Issues w/contacts.

Status
    Liked

Need Some Help...Eye Issues w/contacts.

Went to the eye doctor for contact lenses, and I had the humiliating experience of being unable to remove or put them on.My top eyelids are possessed , and slam shut with a fierceness not seen since the guillotines of 1700s France.

Any tips on beating this problem, besides rote practice with poking my eye?

MGTOW Master

Status
    Liked
    I put my contact on my index finger and I use my middle finger of the same hand to pull down my lower eyelid (easier than fighting the upper) while I place the contact on my cornea. I've used contacts for decades but less so now that I'm in the bifocal years. Anyway, in all that time, I never quite mastered putting in contacts without needing a mirror. Dunno why. Some people do it no problem. Not me though.

It does take your brain time to get used to the idea of the eye being touched because mostly, nature says that's a no-no so keep practicing. You do overcome the natural aversion eventually. Keep your hands clean before touching and don't get too rough because you can scratch your cornea. Taking contacts out is usually more of a PITA than putting them in. Try not to fall asleep with them in if they are not specifically designed for that. If the lens/eye is dry, put some drops in and wait a bit before taking the contact out.

Status
    Liked
    Octavian, are they soft or rigid (RGP) ? The latter can be tricky. but as GT66 says, your body adapts/learns/desensitizes; just persist and you'll get it (including the muscle memory to not even think about it eventually).

MGTOW Skilled

Status
    Liked
    I was similar when I first got contacts. I shit you not, when I first got them I sometimes spent 20-30 minutes getting them in, and slightly less taking them out.

Just takes a while to overcome the instinct... Despite the *immense* trouble I had in the beginning, now I can pop them in & out one-handed without a mirror.

Keep at it, and if it's prohibitive then practice when you're not pressed for time.

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterPho View Post
    I was similar when I first got contacts. I shit you not, when I first got them I sometimes spent 20-30 minutes getting them in, and slightly less taking them out.

Just takes a while to overcome the instinct... Despite the *immense* trouble I had in the beginning, now I can pop them in & out one-handed without a mirror.

Keep at it, and if it's prohibitive then practice when you're not pressed for time.
    Thanks for the tips gentlemen.

Went back to the doctor today, and managed after an hour to get them both in.Spent two hours last night with a saline bottle practicing the fine art of gently poking my eye, and managed to more or less defeat the "eyelid Guillotine" reflex.In six months I'll probably laugh at this ,but damn if this isn't frustrating stuff now haha.

Banned

Status
    Liked
    I never realized what you contact wearing folks go through until trying to put in contacts for Halloween. I forget what they're called, but they make your eyes funny colors. Yeah, apparently I don't like fingers in my eyes either. Who knew?

I used to get headaches as a kid, and never wore glasses after having my eyes examined as the potential culprit being declared perfect 20:20. A competent doctor might have bothered to test my eyes beyond the 20:20 portion of the chart to realize I have 20:5 (not a typo, 4x 20:20, I have a fucking monocular) in my right eye. I didn't find out until well into adulthood that this probably caused the headaches (they mostly happened trying to read or at a computer) and could have been corrected with glasses to bring my left eye into focus with my right.

Good luck man. I'll never try that shit again if I don't have to. On the plus side, I can shoot the stinger off a bees ass.
    Last edited by Notorious (sh)IT; 08-02-14 at 11:44 AM.

Status
    Liked
    I finally got er done on my own this morning.This must be what it feels like for twats to get proposed to. Took me about 25 minutes with both eyes, so I'm getting better. This time next year I'll probably be laughing at this thread.

Wearing sunglasses while driving FTW!!!