Thread: Voodoo Floss Bands by Rogue Fitness

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Status
    Liked

Voodoo Floss Bands by Rogue Fitness

VooDoo Floss Bands - Compression Tack - Rogue Fitness

Anyone try these? My elbows have been fucked for some time. Last time I benched heavy, and it's been a few months, I had rock tape, with epicondyle compression bands and a pair of spotters. That's how fucked. Nowadays I don't go over 205, but all my other lifts are getting back to where I had them, and I'm even getting my dead lift up to the same weight as I had it with a lumbar belt without using a lumbar belt.

I'd really like to get my fucking arms to cooperate and go to the next level, and I'm hearing good things about them from other people who power lift, but I don't know if that's just the hype of the latest new gadget.

Any thoughts?

Banned

Status
    Liked
    Go see a chiropractor who's been trained in extremity adjusting and have him do a forceful reset of your elbows. The cavitation (pop) should be VERY loud if done correctly. It will hurt like a motherfucker for about 10 seconds and then you'll feel better than you've felt in months or years. Give your elbows five days with NO weights at all to make sure they're ready and reset properly!

Barring traumatic injuries, I do NOT recommend supports for lifting since it allows nearby muscle groups to become overly strong and leaves the braced/supported areas too weak. It then becomes a self-defeating cycle.

As for actual elbow strengthening exercises, I'd recommend a seated machine curl where you can rest your upper arms on a padded incline and then work only your biceps and related elbow stabilizing muscles, tendons, and ligaments. I'd also recommend tension exercises, such as doing half a curl with a barbell and at the point where you feel the greatest strain on the elbows, hold the barbell there as long as you possibly can.

As for joints themselves, my dietary recommendations are high quality fats and lots of them! MCT oil, fish oil, sardines, coconuts, grassfed butter, etc. Pretty much anything endorsed by the paleo diet will work - for a vegan I'd make other recommendations, but knowing you GIT, I'm making relevant ones...

My $0.02 anyway...

Banned

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by womanhater View Post
    Barring traumatic injuries, I do NOT recommend supports for lifting since it allows nearby muscle groups to become overly strong and leaves the braced/supported areas too weak. It then becomes a self-defeating cycle.
    Agreed. I also stay away from weight machines as much as possible because, for the most part, it doesn't enagage your core which should be engaged during the vast majority of exercises.

Quote Originally Posted by womanhater View Post
    As for joints themselves, my dietary recommendations are high quality fats and lots of them! MCT oil, fish oil, sardines, coconuts, grassfed butter, etc. Pretty much anything endorsed by the paleo diet will work - for a vegan I'd make other recommendations, but knowing you GIT, I'm making relevant ones...
    Agree on this too.

There are a lot of machines targetted to fitness which are mainly just gimmicks. Check out the exercises in Crossfit. I tend to do a lot of them.

Banned

Status
    Liked
    My understanding is that these are meant to be used as compression for recovery, not during lifts. Given that I mentioned using compression during lifts, I should have mentioned that.

I've had my elbows worked on by a chiropractor, but did not experience the audible pop or pain shortly after, so I'll be trying that.

I'm no advocate of support of lifting other than my rosin bag. That's why I gave up the lumbar belt. I just wanted taste heavy lifting again that one time since it had been so long.

Crossfit exercises and routines are big staple in my regimen. Weight machines are for chicks.

Status
    Liked
    Man, I was in your shoes before I discovered Crossfit. Used to not bench more than 225 because of elbow pain. I stopped benching and curling, and havent had any pain for some time.
    A few lifters at my gym use those wraps for the wrists, during snatches.

But I would strongly suggest no more benching at all, crossfit certainly doesnt teach it.

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Scipio View Post
    Man, I was in your shoes before I discovered Crossfit. Used to not bench more than 225 because of elbow pain. I stopped benching and curling, and havent had any pain for some time.
    A few lifters at my gym use those wraps for the wrists, during snatches.

But I would strongly suggest no more benching at all, crossfit certainly doesnt teach it.
    This is what I did. Then it was XFIT Football with a lot of heavy benching and deadlifting. I have since returned to bodybuilding with little to no pain. May I ask how is your form? Do you flare your elbows or tuck them close? Also do you touch your chest? I used to cheat and could half rep an amzing amount. This destroyed my joints. Once I started to them correctly I had no more issues.

Banned

Status
    Liked
    I also want to chime in here with yoga. I've been doing it for over a year and for about 6 months seriously. It really relaxes and stretches the muscles that get compressed when lifting. I rarely get any pain anymore from lifting.