Thread: How To Clean Your Arteries With One Simple Fruit

Experienced Member

Status
    Liked

How To Clean Your Arteries With One Simple Fruit

Pomegranate Found To Prevent Coronary Artery Disease Progression: A new study published in the journal Atherosclerosis confirms that pomegranate extract may prevent and/or reverse the primary pathology associated with cardiac mortality: the progressive thickening of the coronary arteries caused by the accumulation of fatty materials known as atherosclerosis.
    How To Clean Your Arteries With One Simple Fruit

Status
    Liked
    confirms that pomegranate extract may prevent
    Yawn... let me know when it is found that is DOES.

I hate the way science is reported in most media. Too much of it is used to sell a product, with weasel-words like 'may', 'could', 'might'...

To stay with the theme of the board, would you take the statement the same way if it came from a woman?

"I may spend the rest of my life with you, and not divorce you and take most of your possessions"

Still sound like a good deal?

Banned

Status
    Liked
    Whenever I have to clean something sticky that ordinary soap and wiping won't shift, I get out the alcohol. Dissolves it on the spot.

The laws of chemistry must be the same when alcohol is floating around in the blood-stream right?

Strangely enough, moderate drinkers live longer than heavy drinkers, and even heavy drinkers live longer than tee-totallers:
    Heavy Drinkers Outlive Non-Drinkers: Cheers to That - CBS News
    Over the 20-year period, 69 percent of the nondrinkers died, 60 percent of the heavy drinkers died and only 41 percent of the moderate drinkers died.
    So I think I'll just stay with my pale ale and plum wine.

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by mongolking View Post
    Whenever I have to clean something sticky that ordinary soap and wiping won't shift, I get out the alcohol. Dissolves it on the spot.

The laws of chemistry must be the same when alcohol is floating around in the blood-stream right?

Strangely enough, moderate drinkers live longer than heavy drinkers, and even heavy drinkers live longer than tee-totallers:

Grrr I see stuff like that lose all will to slow my drinking down ROFL!

Status
    Liked
    Lets be honest here, eating a lb of bacon every week wont do your arteries any good. Eating just fruit and vegetables at the expense of meat is also foolish.

A balanced diet is a balanced diet. Stay away from processed stuff unless you desire a pizza 1 day a week. Because pizzas are awesome!

I like all sorts of fruits but you need to be wary of the added/natural sugar content, especially in juice drinks.

Banned

Status
    Liked

Yep, well I always get a bottle (inter alia) of decent brandy in for the winter. Strictly medicinal you see, no, really, it is. So, some clever sod always has to turn up and make a clever assumption and some equally clever sod has to argue the toss. So I had to check up, and it seems some other clever sods (who actually have degrees in clever from authorised sources) agree with the alchohol premise that we (vaguely clever un-peer reviewed sods) suspected.

Alcohol and heart disease

Alcohol can have protective benefits for the heart – but only if you drink within the daily unit guidelines and are over 45

Research suggests that small amounts of alcohol can have a protective effect on your heart (8) (9). This benefit appears to be restricted to over 45-year-olds drinking well within the lower risk guidelines.

Scientists aren’t sure how alcohol has the protective effect but think there are two main mechanisms:

Preventing artery damage. Alcohol appears to increase the level of ‘good’ cholesterol (HDL) in the blood. This reduces the amount of fatty deposit (atheroma) which narrows our arteries and makes them more likely to clog.
    Preventing blood clots (‘thrombosis’). Alcohol can help prevent the formation of blood clots which can close off the arteries, causing a heart attack. It reduces the stickiness of platelets so they are less ready to clump together to form clots. Small amounts of alcohol with a meal can reduce the sudden rise of a protein (fibrinogen) produced by the liver, which is involved in clot formation.

Can alcohol ever be good for the heart?
    More research is needed to show whether drinking red wine is “good for the heart”

Laboratory studies in animals suggest that antioxidants help to prevent thrombosis (10). Red wine has a high concentration of antioxidant substances called flavonoids. White alcoholic drinks, like vodka and cider, contain the least concentration of flavonoids. But other alcohols, such as beer, have nearly the same antioxidant effect as wine.

Much of the interest in red wine comes from the observation that the French (who have a long tradition of drinking red wine) often have healthy hearts and arteries despite typically having high-fat foods in their diet. But studies show that people who drink wine over other types of alcohol tend to live healthier lives, smoking less, drinking less and having a healthier diet. So these other factors, rather than the red wine, may in fact be responsible for their good health.
    It’s not a good idea to start drinking alcohol to protect yourself against heart disease

Simply put, it’s just not worth it. With alcohol and the heart, it’s a benefit and risk trade off. So, for example, alcohol’s anti-clotting ability, ....
    ....well, I stopped reading there 'cos I thought things were going to go from 'good ole boy' positive downhill to hipster intellectual hell.

And theres another...fucking Harvard (thats something in America) which I didn't read but it started well..

Studies showing that alcohol protects the heart raise questions about drinking.
    More to the Story than Alcohol = Heart Protection - Harvard Health Publications
    So since winter hasn't really kicked off this year I'm necking the brandy as a verified health tonic.....cheers!

Point of post = theres nothing like scientific evidence to back up a bottle of brandy.
    Last edited by AdTheBad; 21-01-14 at 09:36 PM.

Banned

Status
    Liked
    Alcohol can help prevent the formation of blood clots which can close off the arteries, causing a heart attack. It reduces the stickiness of platelets so they are less ready to clump together to form clots.
    Bloody hell!! I was half tongue in cheek about alcohol's power as a solvent giving the arteries a good clean-out. But here's a scientist saying exactly that. I guess he can't quite say it in English because someone might drink themselves to death and then sue him.

Banned

Status
    Liked
    Bloody hell!! I was half tongue in cheek about alcohol's power as a solvent giving the arteries a good clean-out. But here's a scientist saying exactly that. I guess he can't quite say it in English because someone might drink themselves to death and then sue him.
    Given my consumption of booze, I should be good until I'm about 300 years old or so...