Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Nacho Vidal Weight Loss Thread

Elam wants to be me

Status
    Liked

The Nacho Vidal Weight Loss Thread

I'm a fat bastard, get me out of here!

The time is upon me to lose the flab! The purpose of this thread is keep a weekly log of my weight loss! I was going to just keep a spreadsheet but I thought that "**** it" I'll go public on MGTOW Forums to add that extra motivation! I shall update the thread ONCE per week on a Sunday evening UK time. This will provide a 7 day public record of my progress! Right onto business:

The Current Situation

• Height = 6 foot 1 inch
    • Weight = 16 stone 10 1/4 pounds
    • Trouser Size = 38 inch waist (European)

Conclusion: According to word on the street, I am obese!

Weight Gain Causes

• excessive daily alcohol intake (Lager and Cider at 1 - 3 500ml cans per day)
    • eating and drinking of shit food/drink at work (sweets, choco bars, Pepsi)
    • big dinners
    • Excessive Coffee Intake with too much white sugar (ranging from home coffee to Starbucks)
    • breakfast is Weetabix with too much white sugar on top!
    • smoking (****s about with your metabolism and I often feel hungry after a ciggerette)

Conclusion: By my calculations, all of the above has seen me eat/drink on average over 2700 Calories per day! Oddly enough, to maintain my current weight at my current activity levels (none) I would have to take in an average of 2784 calories per day.

The Plan (subject to change)

Over the past month I have been experimenting with taking my own food into work. A couple of times during the weeks I've gone down to the local store and bought a few apples, bananas, oranges, Activia yoghurts, wholemeal rolls and peanut butter. For a couple of days, I tried out eating the stuff in the office. It worked well and apart from excessive farting, I did feel fine. Also, I have been experimenting on quitting the coffee and booze and have managed to pull off up to a week of going without! Apart from a 2 day freakin headache, I felt fine! All of this was half hearted when I was thinking about sorting out the weight! However, I've hit a clothes crisis and the weight is getting noticed by others with the odd "you fat ****" and "crikey, you've become a tub of lard" type comments!

So today I've worked out an approx 1500 calorie daily intake of food plan. It involves myself eating smaller portions of food approx every two hours of the working day up until the last meal at around 6pm, for example:

Breakfast

• 1 x Banana + 2 x Weetabix biscuits or ReadyBreak Porridge Oats (no suger) 250ml of Semi Skimmed Milk

Mid Morning

• 1 x Apple

Lunch Time

• 2 x Wholemeal Rolls containing slices of chicken or peanut butter

Late Afternoon
    • 1 x Orange + Activia Yoghurt

Extras: chuck in another banana if I feel peckish!

All the above mixed in with plenty of water!

Dinner

• Chicken Breast or Fish with veggies,salad!

All in all the above adds up to APPROX the 1500 cal mark. So, potentially, that is a fat busting calorie deficit of 1200 cals per day! Taking the booze away equals about 800 cals of that 1200 figure, which leaves 400 cals from junk and pepsi

Of course, 1500 is only the STARTING figure! I'll see how I get on with that and add to it if required. As mentioned above, the work day menu worked quite well when I tried it out but the issues may crop up after dinner. I shall have to wait and see how it all pans out. Of course, I shall mix an match the food stuff so I don't get bored i.e. different fruits and stuff.

Exercise

Starting from tomorrow morning, I shall be getting my ass down the Gym! What I aim to do is 30 mins of light cardio in the morning before work. So that would be 30 mins on the treadmill at a brisk pace! In the evening, I shall be going down to the Gym again for a while to do some weights. I am looking to do this 3 times a week to start with. I have a basic beginners workout sorted for the weights just to get me into the swing of things on weights i.e. form and technique, but the trainer will alter my program as time goes on. The view is to prevent muscle loss that the cardio workout may bring. I am not looking to get "ripped" but more toned with a cardio and weights program aimed towards fat loss. I am aiming to juggle the morning cardio with Mon, Wed, Friday on the treadmill and Tues & Thurs in the pool. I will be doing weights for an hour in the evenings of Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday daytime with Sunday as a total rest day. The purpose of this is to bung on another 500 cal burn per day of exercise.

This goes hand in hand with the lifestyle change that will help with quitting the cigerettes!

Quit Smoking

I have the smoking patches ready and to hand so will start of with them tomorrow! The key to quitting the weed is a shift in lifestyle i.e. avoid scenarios where you're used to smoking! For me, that will be at home when I haven't got much to do! That's where the Gym will come into play and that is why I intend to spend time at the Gym on a couple of days during the week. For the other evenings, I shall be spending that time studying for the latest round of IT certs so I should be able to hold off from the cigs! Also, the fact that I'm handing over 5 quid to the UK govt per packet of fags is a ****ing annoyance! Oh...and not to mention my health LOL!

The Goal

The objective is to lose 4 stone and get back to my normal weight that was in the 12 stone area. I was at that weight in my mid 20s and still have shit loads of top notch clothes that I haven't worn since the last time I balloned to over 16 stone!

So this has happened before then Nach?
    Yep it has! Back in 2002 I was 12 stone and then I started putting on the flab due to large dinners and 4 cans of beer just about every night! In 2004, I quit smoking, drank even more booze and by Oct 2005 I was nearly 17 stone! One day at work I asked the resident afternoon joggers (we had showers at work) if I could tag along with them on their jogs! So literally the next day, I began jogging 30 mins a day, 3 times a week! By mid 2006 I had dropped to 131/2 stone. By 2007, I got distracted, met a women and moved in with her! I took up the smoking and started drinking beer again...most of you all know the story of what happened next! LOL! Anyway, all my fault!

But looking back at it all, I felt that the weight loss was far too slow and indeed hit a plateau at the 13 stone area! This prevented me from getting back into those great jeans because I still had annoying flab on my legs, at one point I was doing 1 hour 6 mile jogs but still the flab wouldn't budge from the thighs? This time round I intend to do cardio and weights in order to get down to 12 stone because cardio can only go so far!

Anyway, this is all experimental at the moment and I am testing out a few plans. But because we're all different, it is down to me to find what works best for me and what doesn't! I know there is a ton of info out there and many will have their opinions but in all fairness guys I can only take in so much and implement what I can! The aim of the game is to get fit, healthy and get back into those great clothes that I still have!

Either way, my approach to this is not some fad diet, supplements or any other stuff! It is a case of: EAT LESS, MOVE MORE!

Next update on this thread will be next Sunday!

Cheers

Nach
    Support MGTOW Forums, go GOLD

Status
    Liked
    Some forum owners just have the power to do whatever they want...

Good luck in getting rid of your gall stones. I hear they're painful.
    Last edited by johnnyhammer; 07-17-2011 at 11:04 PM.

pcr
    MGTOW Master

Status
    Liked
    I haven't smoked in a week; cold turkey method. I've tried this many times before, but I always relapsed. Now that the cravings are over, it is simply holding on ! I hate it when someone is smoking while waiting for the train/bus; I used to be that guy

I suggest you simply buy chewing gum and eat it every time you want to smoke; biting on ballpens/nails gets annoying!

PCR

Status
    Liked
    PCR - check out Swedish Snus if it's legal in your country.

MGTOW God

Status
    Liked
    Some ideas:

- 3-4 raw carrots, dip in peanut butter

- take some healthy cereal, add your own raisins, chopped banana, and a handful of raw almonds; top with a lot of plain yogurt, and use vanilla rice milk. (Raw almonds are always good to have around imo).

- Make a ton of brown rice and keep it in your fridge; reheat and mix with chopped onion and some oil in frying pan until the onion looks a little cooked; add two hotdogs chopped up until they get a little cooked; add chopped Kale or collard greens until the greens are cooked down; eat. Anything can be added to this: broccoli, etc. I've found a ton of stuff to do with brown rice: mixing with scrambled eggs, eating it plain with a little soy sauce, etc.

- reduce carbs, breads, etc.

- Avoid potatoes

- Get a bunch of pure psyllium husk fiber. Mix about 1 tbsp into a glass of water before your largest meal. (Follow directions).

- Steak, asparagus, salad; (asparagus makes your pee smell funny, but I like it too much to be deterred).

- Drink plain water instead of coffee and the withdrawal headaches wont be as bad.

- Cut out all carbonated sodas and avoid sugary drinks. Try black coffee, unsweetened iced tea, and good ol' water with a little lemon.

- Do as many push-ups and/or pull-ups as you can whenever you get a chance throughout the day.

- Stretch out your hamstrings and shoulders before working out.

- If your knees aren't agreeable to walking/jogging, swimming is very good low-impact cardio.

- Look up core exercises and work the core as much as possible.

- To ease off on the cigarettes and help everything all around, I highly recommend 15-30 minutes of pranayama everyday. It's basically deep breathing, and you would need a metronome or a clock that clicks loudly so you can count the durations of your inhales and exhales, but it's well worth it. Also, it's important not to do pranayama with food in the stomach. General rule of thumb: exhale for twice as long as you inhale, i.e., exhale for 16 seconds, inhale for 8; gradually work up to exhaling for 20-30 seconds, inhaling for 10-15. Keeping your back straight is also important, as is not pushing yourself too hard. Pranayama can be done laying down, which is how I did it for months until recently.

pcr
    MGTOW Master

Status
    Liked
    Johhnyhammer why shouldn't snus be legal?? Its tobacco right?

Fair, did you quit smoking too? I just need to find a way to smoke weed and cigars now and then and no more cigarettes. Haven't done both, not "ready" aka afraid I will smoke cigs again if I do that!

Other points;
    Coffee speeds up your metabolism, so it burns energy. Try to drink it black; coffee is not that unhealthy.

Avoid sweetened drinks / soda / aspartame shit. If you drink soda drink it with real sugar, not corn syrup or whatever. Drink juice or water.

Try those blended fruitshakes for breakfast; they contain all your daily vitamins; eat fruit during the day and you'll be packed with vitamins! Plus most of these fruitshakes (in my country, don't know about the uk) are very heavy so keep you fulfilled for a while. You even have some with added fibers.

Brown bread, brown rice; no more refined trash.

Good luck on cutting out the booze; those are calorie bombs. I don't know if spirits contain less calories but its unlikely.

Oh, and on dieting; quitting smoking will increase your appetite, and weight gain and lots of eating is common when you quit. So don't be surprised if you gain weight at first, until your metabolism is normalised.

Cycling is a good moderate cardio exercise; jogging is heavier on the heart but builds stamina quickly.

Start bodybuilding slowly, overstretching back muscles hurt like hell when you have to sit all day at the office

PCR

MGTOW God

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by pcr View Post
    Fair, did you quit smoking too? I just need to find a way to smoke weed and cigars now and then and no more cigarettes.
    Still smoking cigarettes, but cut down a bunch. If I could go jogging for just 15 minutes every morning without killing my knees, I would have already quit, so I'm strongly considering a gym membership so I can hit the pool and the elliptical machine for cardio. I'm a coffee fiend too, so if I cut the caffeine I'd probably be able to quit easier too; caffeine seems to go hand in hand with cigarettes for me.

Still, with all the exercise and pranayama I'm doing, I'm noticing improved circulation, energy, and strength. I don't get as winded going up steep hills while I'm hiking. A Chinese doctor once told my friend that if you're not getting morning wood as a guy at any age, you have poor circulation. Poor circulation and increased core body fat often leads to increased male estrogen levels, and that causes a ton of health problems.

Anyway, I turn 30 in November, and I want to have quit cigarettes completely by then.

pcr
    MGTOW Master

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by fairi5fair View Post
    Still smoking cigarettes, but cut down a bunch. If I could go jogging for just 15 minutes every morning without killing my knees, I would have already quit, so I'm strongly considering a gym membership so I can hit the pool and the elliptical machine for cardio. I'm a coffee fiend too, so if I cut the caffeine I'd probably be able to quit easier too; caffeine seems to go hand in hand with cigarettes for me.

Still, with all the exercise and pranayama I'm doing, I'm noticing improved circulation, energy, and strength. I don't get as winded going up steep hills while I'm hiking. A Chinese doctor once told my friend that if you're not getting morning wood as a guy at any age, you have poor circulation. Poor circulation and increased core body fat often leads to increased male estrogen levels, and that causes a ton of health problems.

Anyway, I turn 30 in November, and I want to have quit cigarettes completely by then.
    What happened to your knees? I busted up my left knee 2 years ago (bad bad sliding in soccer) and they had to remove the meniscus; they told me not to play rough sports again but I still do it; take your chances. I play a bit more carefully know though, no more knee injuries so far

Jogging; 30 minutes, usually 5 kilometres, 2-3 times a week.

The only thing I noticed from quitting is that I really miss it with coffee, waiting on practically everything and with drinking beer in the sun. GOD that one is the worst.

And when I jog or play soccer, its nice not to cough and spit for a few minutes (when starting )

Good luck!

PCR

MGTOW God

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by pcr View Post
    What happened to your knees? I busted up my left knee 2 years ago (bad bad sliding in soccer) and they had to remove the meniscus; they told me not to play rough sports again but I still do it; take your chances. I play a bit more carefully know though, no more knee injuries so far
    Whenever I jog, my knees get sore as hell, almost making it too hard to walk if I jog more than twice in four days. I've been stretching and exercising my knees for months, so maybe I should try jogging again. If you can get away with playing soccer after your injury, I should be out of the woods by now... I hope. Maybe I just have bad knees...

Geez, not smoking cigarettes when I'm drinking coffee or getting drunk is going to be tough...

Status
    Liked
    PCR - dip's illegal in Spain (not weed go figure) - I guess not in the rest of Europe.

Status
    Liked
    Snus is outlawed everywhere in the EU except for Sweden.

PS - I love the stuff. Daily user.

MGTOW Master

Status
    Liked
    Nacho a book I've liked is "Burn the fat feed the muscle" by Tom Venuto, it is long to read but it's lessons stay for life, it clarified a lot to me the whole metabolism-weight-muscle mass issues in a scientific but also practical way.
    Mind you that mantaining fat doesn't cost your body any effort, so you can mantain your weight probably with 2000 calories (or less) as you're living now, that's your break-even point not 2700.
    And for the love of god don't quit booze, life is just too short.

Elam wants to be me

Status
    Liked
    Yep, I agree MrLahey. I shall not be giving up the booze but I think I'll return to my pre-boozing days habits in that I only used to have a drink on a Saturday night up until I was 21. Then I went back to uni and started drinking beer just about everyday in the Union bar and loads of coffee during essay writing, within a short time my waist had aquired a tyre! Also, the "sweating" appeared to start around that time too! I don't mean profuse sweating, but the odd bead of sweat would roll down from my armpits and over the belly flab even when I wasn't doing anything i.e. just sitting on my ass in class, these days that has developed into lots of beads of sweat! Then of course, I started working and the drinking shifted to after work with 4 cans of fosters, carling or carlsberg and big dinners! The weight piled on once I quit smoking because I found that I could drink 8 cans a night and not feel sick/dizzy like I would when having more than four plus smoking!

So really, to me it's all about going back to basics. Over the weekend, I asked myself "when was the last time I felt good"? The answer to that is "when I was 21". Ok I was smoking back then and didn't exercise much but nor did I drink that much (3 pints on a Saturday). Also the smoking in those days was like less than 10 cigs a day! However, all of that has now at least doubled and that means I'm also handing over to this damn government approx £300 per month in taxes from booze and cigs ON TOP of my income tax, National Insurance and car related taxes! **** them!

Thanks guys for all the support and advice, certainly given me some new ideas and additions to "the plan"!

The first visit to the Gym was accomplished today and in 30 mins I managed 2.5 miles on the Treadmill, am looking to build that up to 3 miles per 30 mins with variable inclines. Was out of there by 7am and into work at 8am! Not bad!! Onwards and upwards!

MGTOW Blogger

Status
    Liked
    Nacho,
    I have had my own issues over the years and found my body does not do well with a lot of carbs, makes me hungry and fat both.

I do much better (at my age) avoiding most carbs especially packaged ones. If I stick mainly to meat, eggs, vegetables then I don't have to cut out booze! I am not carb phobic but eat less than most people I know.

The "paleo diet" is a good book to read IMO.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Elam wants to be me

Status
    Liked
    Update: 24/07/2011

**** it...decided to do the update now rather than later tonight!

Have decided to switch the weight format from stones to Pounds.

Previous Sunday: 2343/4 Pounds

Today: 230 pounds

So a loss of 43/4 pounds over 7 days

Tomorrow will be will be day 7 (so one week) with regards to staying off the cigarettes. The patches are working well so I'll be dropping to a lower strength tomorrow. Have been off the booze for a full week too, haven't felt like having a beer so we'll see how that goes!

Food wise, things are going pretty well in that since last Sunday the only "junk" I've had is one packet of Walkers Crisps and half a glass of Pepsi. Everything else has been fruit, veg, chicken, wholemeal breads, yoghurts, salads and of course loads of water! Have also jacked in the Coffee at work and at home for during the week. Had a few coffees over Yesterday and Today. Also, I have cut right back on Salt and white sugar and have cut white sugar out of my weetabix and the no salt on the light meal I have in the Evening. I make sure that I have finished all the day's eating by 6pm! So far so ****ing good!

Exercise for last week was 100% cardio! Hit the treadmill everyday for 30 mins (25 minutes running, 5 mins cool down) since last Monday and by Friday I was nearly at 3 miles for the entire 30 mins. Yesterday, I went out for jog at approx 6:30am on approx a 3 mile route around where I live and was back home for about 7:05am...so not bad!

Yesterday was my blow out day and I have decided to make Saturdays my blow out day for food! After my run, I had a slap up Full English breakie of sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs, toast and beans! In the late afternoon, I had a rather large sirloin steak with chips, garlic bread and a ton of salad...yum yum!!! At 6:30pm, I popped down to the Gym for a swim session of approx one hour doing the front crawl......that was a bit of a ball breaker!

Today I'm taking a day off from running, but I have to admit that my joints/muscles feel great! I ****ing ached all over up until Friday and today I feel pretty good and ache free! Last time I took up running in 2006 I seem to remember ****ing aching like a bastard for weeks on end, but this time the ache shite has passed pretty quickly! I shall probably be down the pool again tonight as I think that my front crawl is coming along well and of course it's all good fun!

Weights: have decided to lay off the weights until next Saturday! I'm seeing the Gym's Personal Trainer next Saturday just to go through a plan that will be 3 times a week with each day covering a different muscle groups. We had a basic plan, but I want to split that across the groups and also using free weights as opposed to the machines. So seeing him at 2pm next Saturday!

Apart from that, I'm not overdoing it as so far it has been approx 30 mins of Cardio per day and of course the swimming on the weekend. The swimming side is more a fun aspect because the pool is there, I pay for it in the membership so **** it, I'll use it! Looking to keep Cardio to the mornings and weights to the Monday, Wednesday, Friday evenings for 1 hour. So all in all I'm looking at a good diet and approx 8 hours of exercise a week! Seeing as a week contains 168 hours, 8 hours of exercise per week is not really much in time commitment! LOL!

Cheers guys!

Experienced Member

Status
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by teotwawki View Post
    Nacho,
    I have had my own issues over the years and found my body does not do well with a lot of carbs, makes me hungry and fat both.
    I've recently shifted to a diet that likely has me in ketosis most of the time. After an adjustment period, I prefer the steady energy levels and less focus on calorie counting. Though I didn't really do it to lose weight, most people that follow a low (Paleo) or super low (keto/Atkins) carb plan lose a crap ton of weight very quickly. We (Western society) eat way to many carbs, and the low carb diets are perfectly healthy based on most modern science.

Here's a great intro guide Low Carb Primer

Status
    Liked
    Good luck Nacho. Losing 4 stone could take 6 months or longer, depending on how intense your diet and workout plan is, so you'll need to be strong and disciplined to keep with it.

Doing a strict diet combined with weights and cardio means you'll get the best of all worlds. For the weights, try and make sure you're doing proper barbell squats and deadlifts (i.e. not Smith machine squats and deadlifts). It's important to work your lower body to get the best results - don't fall into the trap of just working upper body like most guys do. For upper body, do bench press/press ups, shoulder press, pullups/chinups/lat rows/inverted rows/bent over rows, bicep curls.

Booze - you should seriously consider restricting booze intake to one Saturday night a month - a weekly booze night can severely impede fat loss.

Cardio - just do as much as you can, playing sports, football, tennis, basketball, squash, whatever, is a hundred times more enjoyable than going on some treadmill. Cycling on a bike is also a hundred times more enjoyable than going on a stationary bike in a gym.

Diet - keeping calories low is definitely the main thing - I wouldn't sweat too much about low carb diets etc. - low carb diets are over hyped and definitely not some magic answer to the perfect body. Obviously eat healthily though - definitely avoid white bread and white pasta, sweets and sugars etc as much as possible - substitute with fruits instead - grapes, apples, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries are all great. And plenty of greens and vegetables. I think carbs like wholemeal bread and wholemeal pasta are fine in moderation. Watch out for fruit juices tho - orange juice and smoothies etc., cos these can be very calorific and fattening.

Maintenance of your new slimline figure - this is also important, as it sounds like you pack on weight fairly easily, so you must do your damndest not to go back to your old habits once you've lost the weight :-

Booze - defo don't go back to a can or three every night - restrict booze to one night a week, preferably once a month or once a fortnight. Drinking just one or two cans every night can add on plenty of pounds in no time. Avoid beer and cider and try and switch to wine or spirits without sugary mixers - wine and spirits are considerably less fattening than beer and cider. Your head will feel a damn sight healthier if you restrict your boozing to one day a month, your liver will recover and you'll start to feel more energetic and will enjoy exercise and playing sports more.. Booze must be the most energy sapping substance on the planet.

Other drinks - absolutely no sugary drinks - no coke or 7 Up etc - stick to water, or perhaps low sugar diluting orange.

Chocolates/cakes/biscuits/ice cream etc. - Quite simply avoid at all costs, try and restrict eating this kind of stuff to once a month, or preferably not at all.

Crisps - again, avoid like the plague

Junk food - burgers, pizzas, kebabs - again, try and restrict eating this kind of stuff to one day a month.

Exercise - try and get weights in 2-3 times a week,and the same with cardio. Cutting back on booze will hugely increase your enthusiasm and energy levels to enable you to do this.

Elam wants to be me

Status
    Liked
    Update 31/07/2011

Previous Sunday = 230 Pounds

Today = 229 Pounds

Pretty piss poor result this week on the scales! However, I have to add that last week I noticed that my work shirts are feeling slightly looser around my upper back and shoulder area. Also, my work trousers feel a little slack around my waist where two weeks ago they were quite a snug fit!

Last week, I hit the treadmill and managed to get 3 miles under 30 mins BUT I appear to have hurt my back in the process! Last Tuesday, I noticed a rather annoying ache in the mid back area. Come Wednesday after the treadmill session, the ache had progressed to something more painful and literally took my breath away. I took a break on Thursday and then hit the treadmill again on Friday but the ache returned, I did manage complete the session! I tried going out for a jog yesterday morning but the back just wouldn't allow it in that everytime I started to jog, I felt that I couldn't breathe properly with the back pain...so I aborted the jog and returned home! Another issue that has cropped up is that some of my toenails have gone black and feel quite bruised?

Yesterday, I explained the above to the personal trainer and he suspected that the back problem has come from the "jarring" that one would get from pounding the treadmill. His advice was to knock it on the head and move over to the lower impact cardio machines thus giving the back an opportunity to heal. He also said that the back issue and the black toenails maybe linked and maybe down to incorrect shoe size! He told me to get some proper fitting running shoes!

So, I ****ed off into the main Sports store that is attached to the gym (the place is ****ing huge i.e. store, pools, gym under one roof) and they assessed my gait whilst running on a ...yep...treadmill LOL!!! They recommended that I ought to use a "Supported" shoe type because I run like a pussy. They showed me the video of my running and the computer calculated my gait...pretty impressive!!!

I opted for a pair of Asics Gel Kayano 17 trainers that cost me £109...gulp!!! Just by walking in them I can feel a massive difference in that there is plenty of room (1/2 a size bigger than my normal size) and they are not as rock hard and stiff as my Nikes and New Balances. All I need is a another few days for my back to clear up and I'll give them a proper road test.

As for other stuff, the change in eating habits is still going to plan. During the week, the junk has been cancelled out and I haven't felt the need to pig out of sweets, chocos, pepsi or crisps. I did have 3 pints of Magners on Friday night which was quite nice and yesterday I was naughty in that I did have a McChicken Sandwich meal from McDonalds...naughty naughty but **** it!!!

I'm confident that I've managed to shake off the smoking. I haven't had a cigarette for 2 weeks and I am no longer on the nicotine patches. My last patch was applied last Wednesday. I do get some cravings but they appear to be dying down. The positve aspect of quitting the daily booze and ciggis habit is that I have saved approx £130 over the period of a fortnight. Ok, I did have 3 pints of cider on Friday but there is no way I'm quitting booze and I will continue to have my weekly 3 pints. However, the money saved enabled me to invest in a damn fine pair of training shoes...I'm well chuffed with that as the Asics are money well spent and for once I'm not cutting corners!!!

I start the weights routine this Monday and I'm actually considering signing up for Kick Boxing that is held just down the road from me. They're loads of martial arts clubs within driving distance but I'd rather do something that is within walking distance from my house. Early days at the moment, but I may just go along to check it out!

Onwards and upwards!

Elam wants to be me

Status
    Liked
    Update 07/08/2011

Previous Sunday = 229 Pounds

Today = 226 1/2 Pounds

Well not much to report in that I'm keeping up the diet and visits to the Gym. Have introduced HIIT for my morning sessions now in that I do 30mins on the bike with 2 minutes moderate pace at setting 6 and then all out for a minute at setting 3. Doing that for 30 mins is a ****ing ball breaker and by the end of it I am drenched in sweat, more drenched than the running on the treadmill!

Have started the split weights over the week of Mon, Wed and Fri and am running in the evening for 3 miles on Sun, Tues and Thurs. I expect a bit of weight gain from muscle weight over the next few weeks but this should then be overtaken by the fat loss.

Last night I got pissed out of my ****ing tree, hence the odd threads and posts last night! I had 8 cans of beer...****ing hell LOL! Ah **** it!

My back injury appears to be clearing up and running is a hell of a lot less painful on the back!

Once again, I can report that work trousers are getting looser around the waist and I hope in the next few weeks I will be able to move down a size to my old 36 inch waist trousers. They are hanging up, pressed and ready to go!

Till next week!

Nach

Elam wants to be me

Status
    Liked
    Update 14/08/2011

Previous Sunday = 2261/2 Pounds

Today = 224 Pounds

Cool...so I'm past week 4 and have managed to drop 10 pounds in weight. That is slightly above the average of 2 pounds a week but I'm glad it's around that area as big drops in weight normally indicate water loss only!

Well I've been off the cigerrettes for 4 weeks now, my breathing has improved and the coughing has gone! The booze shit-monkey has been tamed because I have consumed approx 11 beers over the 4 week period.

I've stopped going to the gym in the morning, why? Well I was getting bored of looking at the same shit! 30 mins of cardio started to feel like 1hr of torture! So my Cardio is now a 6 mile jog in the evenings, 3 days on and 1 day off! I've been doing that for over a week and my shirts and trousers appear to be getting looser by the day!!!!!! No shit, the day after a 6 mile jog at my weight and one can easily see a small result...I like that shit! Thr routes I do have some big ass uphills where the back of my legs feel like they're on fire!!!!

In fact, I've quit the Gym altogether! I've done that for many reasons but the main reasons are:

• Stupid ****ing women walking around doing nothing but sitting on machines, clucking away to their friends or strange men and getting in the way of everyone else.
    • Dumb ass Manginas and White Knights walking (as if they've shit their pants?) around posing and doing very little in the way of exercise?
    • A Personal Trainer who was more interested in getting me to join his Forex trading club rather than showing me the weights????
    • Dirty Manginas/White Knights and *****s who couldn't see the hygienic value behind SHOWERING BEFORE YOU GET INTO THE POOL you dirty BASTARDS!!!!!
    • Far too many roid monsters (doormen at the local nightclubs)

So for me, I've had enough of that shit and paying for that shit! I will be buying some Free Weights and a bench and will do my own weights at my own pace. At the end of the day I need to have an exercise regime that is sustainable! Anything that requires money is in my view not sustainable i.e. a Gym. So I figured that Jogging on the streets, free weights with my own bench and my ****ing music playing is indeed sustainable and will allow me to learn about what works for me opposes some ****head telling me what he thinks works for me!

In the meantime, Cardio will be the main source of exercise for a short while. Starting from September, I shall be keeping a look out for a 2nd hand bench and 2nd hand weights on eBay. However, I will be starting crunches and pressups at home!

Onwards and upwards!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast